Protect your license & no claims discount (1 Viewer)

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I was looking through some posts on another site and came across this. It is a video recorder that records your trip - just like the police have in their cars. So if there is an accident you have the event recorded. It records onto an SD card and when the card is full it writes over it again so you are always recording the trip. I thought it a good idea, this is the link to the site if you want to take a look. Ideal when travelling abroad and you get accused of something that was not your fault.

Link Removed

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I was looking through some posts on another site and came across this. It is a video recorder that records your trip - just like the police have in their cars. So if there is an accident you have the event recorded. It records onto an SD card and when the card is full it writes over it again so you are always recording the trip. I thought it a good idea, this is the link to the site if you want to take a look. Ideal when travelling abroad and you get accused of something that was not your fault.

Link Removed

I have one of these

Colour balance is not good. Purple hedges and other strange colours.

You need to remember to turn on the unit and then record on (Blue light flashing) before moving off.

It records in 2 minute sessions then breaks for anything from 1 to 8 seconds.

definition is not good enough to read number plates of vehicles unless both are stationary.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Great idea
Cheaper Link Removed:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
flyboy

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just ordered one. Spoke to a guy from the other site that has one and he swears by it. Has not got the problems that John and Joan have. Maybe a later model. I will have to wait and see. As long as it proves that I am not in the wrong that will do me.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Please chaps, remember these things work both ways ..

We have had several lads on bikes nicked for speeding ( among other things ) from the evidence taken from on board cameras

Although a policeman cannot stop you and look at the recording willy nilly,, they CAN stop you if they suspect an offence has been committed and then use the evidence from the unit in any action taken agin' you..

Do make sure that if you install one you drive 100% legally !

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Link Removed

Hi flyboy I think these are the same camera's at around half the cost

Link Removed

Link Removed

Mel :thumb:

OP
OP
flyboy

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks heyupluv,

Now I have already bought it. You know what they say once you have bought stop lookling!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have had several lads on bikes nicked for speeding ( among other things ) from the evidence taken from on board cameras

Please remember we are not all hooligans like you. Most of us are sober law abiding people who would not dream of breaking the traffic laws. It has long been established that Speed Kills.

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
bought a similar product after a prang in Spain, where four Guarda decided it was my fault despite evidence on the ground to the contrary. Basis of their view was ' you're driving the wider vehicle so you must be in the wrong' ?????????????????

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Just ordered one. Spoke to a guy from the other site that has one and he swears by it. Has not got the problems that John and Joan have. Maybe a later model. I will have to wait and see. As long as it proves that I am not in the wrong that will do me.

When you get it let me know if it works OK

John

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks heyupluv,

Now I have already bought it. You know what they say once you have bought stop lookling!

:Blush:
Hi Flyboy.... I know the feeling well....many times...I will do weeks of research finding the best price and delivery to France wondering should I or shouldn't I ...then I go and order one, only to find out the following week they have dropped and are now half the price :Eeek:

Sorry I thought you was still looking :Doh:

Mel

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Please remember we are not all hooligans like you. Most of us are sober law abiding people who would not dream of breaking the traffic laws. It has long been established that Speed Kills.

Right,,, thats it.. You wanna race then do ya !! Thatls who you !!:Angry: :Eeek: ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Strange I always thought it was the impromptu sudden deceleration that did it:Doh::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What. A lardy Blackbird against a TT winning finely engineered V4, in your dreams.

Tell you what.. I will give you a chance.. I will use the GS ::bigsmile:

In fact !

I will use my new bike ( and you know what I bought last Sunday ! LOL !! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back