Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
From time to time, I see posts on the forum where there clearly should be a video etc, but all I get is a blank space, as in the below example.
I use Firefox on Win 10 as a browser. Has anyone any idea as to why this happens, please? I'm wondering whether it's a browser issue or just a setting I need to alter....

media.JPG

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
From time to time, I see posts on the forum where there clearly should be a video etc, but all I get is a blank space, as in the below example.
I use Firefox on Win 10 as a browser. Has anyone any idea as to why this happens, please? I'm wondering whether it's a browser issue or just a setting I need to alter....

View attachment 209098
Happens to me too.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I get the same and found out how to sort it a while back but now, eh.....................
From memory it's sumfink to do with adblocker, Adobe Flash, or something like that!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pete5996

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Hi @Jim No adblocker apart from the Ghostery extension in Firefox which I've disabled for this site. It's the same non-appearance on my Android phone and tablet too, where I'm running Firefox without Ghostery.

I use Avast a/v software on all three devices.

I'm thinking it's a Firefox thing as I've just checked with Chrome and that shows the videos as they should be.

I think @Gellyneck may be thinking along the right lines with the Flash player..... I'll start digging

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Me too.Not got add blocker. Checked all settings and still stumped. I' m
using Samsung galaxy tab .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hi @Jim No adblocker apart from the Ghostery extension in Firefox which I've disabled for this site. It's the same non-appearance on my Android phone and tablet too, where I'm running Firefox without Ghostery.

I use Avast a/v software on all three devices.

I'm thinking it's a Firefox thing as I've just checked with Chrome and that shows the videos as they should be.

I think @Gellyneck may be thinking along the right lines with the Flash player..... I'll start digging

One of the IT guys at my work described Firefox as similar to bolting a Reliant Regal van wheel to a Ferrari & thinking that it'll be ok cos its round!

OP
OP
Pete5996

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Having endured the misery of IE for far too long, I changed to Firefox about 4 or 5 years ago and it's served me very well since then. Chrome's not perfect and I can't see Edge being any improvement on IE.
Each to his own!:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back