Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built Low Profile
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, we’ve just bought a 2009 Swift Kon-Tiki 669 and it only has one set of keys. It has the 3 button remote key and a key for the external lockers etc. We’d like to get another set. We’re not bothered about having another 3 button remote, just a spare key for opening the cab doors and starting the van and another spare for the lockers. Anyone recommend where we can get them from? Trouble is, we haven’t got any sort of code card or key number with them. Is it still possible? Thanks in advance.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You need an auto locksmith if you google it you will come up with some

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi guys. The remote is one thing. The other key ...well. You can get that done any where. Basically the second key allows access into your truck and to start it . Once through the door with the key..the second key (without remote) will allow you to start it up and get you from A to B. The remote is purely for isolating the truck
You can get a spare set off your insurance or if its the key only...pop in to a shoe repairs and key suppliers. They will supply a key cut to your original and give you access to the truck

Kev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A shoe repair shop or hardware shop can cut a plain ignition key for the cab doors using your key as a template, but it won't start the engine without the inbuilt transponder for the immobilizer.
If the door was locked with the remote fob then using the plain key to unlock will activate the alarm.
To do it right, and start the engine, you NEED the fob key.....expensive at £100 plus.

Locker keys are usually readily available from caravan accessory shops.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Timpsons don’t always carry the correct blanks. They made one for me for £6 but it was a motorbike key and bent first time I used it. They refunded me. My local “4 candles” real iron mongers ordered door keys by number and they arrived next day. £9 each. The chipped key they created with a laptop and cut as normal for £65. A bargain I thought. These places do exist. Good luck. Mike
Fiat Ducato

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We used this guy to get another remote key as ours was failing, but he also does the non remote one.

He doesn't need a code, just needs a working key. He actually supplied us with the key code written on his invoice which I think Fiat charge you to get.

We weren't local to him, but made a trip away out of it, calling at his house to get it done which only took about 20 mins.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi, we’ve just bought a 2009 Swift Kon-Tiki 669 and it only has one set of keys. It has the 3 button remote key and a key for the external lockers etc. We’d like to get another set. We’re not bothered about having another 3 button remote, just a spare key for opening the cab doors and starting the van and another spare for the lockers. Anyone recommend where we can get them from? Trouble is, we haven’t got any sort of code card or key number with them. Is it still possible? Thanks in advance.
Have you thought of contacting the last owners to see if they've got another key? If not then you'd need to get a key that can be coded and that can be expensive - there are various places that can do it but they all need you to take the original key to them so they can 'clone' it ... just do a search on google and see what comes up in your area - just don't go to Fiat as they'll charge you a stupid amount of money!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back