Upgrade Single Rear Camera to Dual Camera (1 Viewer)

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
So my motorhome came with a camera at back with a rear view mirror attachment for the screen, the system looks alot like this one from amazon, with the exact same screen, but with a single Camera at the back.

Amazon product ASIN B00ODSRUE4
My question it is possible just to change the camera at back to a dual one? at the screen at front seems to have two inputs for a dual camera setup? Has anybody done this? or will it require a whole new rear camera system?

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
A lot of the agro is in running the cable. If you have a spare core in the existing cable then it should be possible. You then need to worry about connecting the second camera to the wiring so some connector wiring to do (at both ends)!

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I did it in my Hymer but the Waeco cable was preinstalled so used that to put a new Waeco dual lens camera in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
QuantumX

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for the input, atm i have looked at the cables and it a 8 pin cable running between the back and front, so i'm trying to identify this cable and see if it can support a dual lens system. The cable looks like the diagram below, ignore the pinout numbers.
CameraCable.jpg

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Thanks for the input, atm i have looked at the cables and it a 8 pin cable running between the back and front, so i'm trying to identify this cable and see if it can support a dual lens system. The cable looks like the diagram below, ignore the pinout numbers.
View attachment 208355
We had the same system and Kev like you thought it could be done...It couldn't! He ended up putting a new cable through under the truck and connecting it to the original wiring harness. The Monitor is capable of seeing the two signals but there is only one in the original harness for the rear single camera. Hope that helps somewhat?
I know we got a new cable for both cameras from eBay. They were n't dear
Carolyn and Kev

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
There was a camera and cable on ebay for £180. possibly sold now but...

this one is a bargain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I had to replace everything as there weren't enough cores in the original cable :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back