Mojacar to Bilbao - where to stop off (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Enjoying the sun and loaction at Mojacar.

In a week or so's time, we will need to head off North to catch the ferry on the 1st of Feb.

I am seeking advice on possible park ups for the night(s).

Was thinking of two nights to reach Bilbao (ferry leaves 15:00 hrs ish) but would prefer to do it with one stop over. (say 6 or 7 hours driving first day).

My thoughts are that the temperature will rapidly fall as soon as a leave the coast, so we should linger here as long as possible.

I will check weather prior to leaving and change accordingly if it looks grim.

Which way would you go?
Possible stops enroute?

24C here today!!

Attachments

• trip.jpg
    trip.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 27

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Nice Aire (official) at Carinena below Zaragoza. In addition to it being on the route, from there you can head across country, NO! not literally, you can head off the following morning north west to La Almunia (good quiet straight road), and 'cut the corner' missing out Zaragoza.

Last edited:
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
D
Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for that Derek - it looks promising and more than possible to do it with one night stopover.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Deanobeano,

We have just arrived at Sopalmo at Mojacar for just the one night.We are in the pitch by reception so if you are in the same location pop around for some info,

The Tincas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We've done this in December and had a lovely couple of days at the acsi site in Aranjuez, a lovely town a short walk across the park. I wouldn't recommend staying overnight at Bilbao port if you are booked on the morning ferry, we had to stay up all night as men were trying to break in all night, ran rings around the security guard on duty

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We've done this in December and had a lovely couple of days at the acsi site in Aranjuez, a lovely town a short walk across the park. I wouldn't recommend staying overnight at Bilbao port if you are booked on the morning ferry, we had to stay up all night as men were trying to break in all night, ran rings around the security guard on duty

Saw the immigrants there in november,,,Don't have to worry about them breaking into my van,,,no room for them,,Did give them a wave and a thumbs up as they walked past,,they just smiled...Seems they were more interested in the trailer park,,,Nothing to worry about,,BUSBY:):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
You have two good choices above but remember it can be cold once you really start heading north. Aranjuez is a beautiful town, with gardens and parks and a castle, while the natural hot baths at Cascante offer everything you can think of doing in a pool with jets of water. Plus free parking outside overnight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back