Habitation Check and MOT (and 12v issue) - Lunar Champ (1 Viewer)

Sue Tassell

Free Member
Jan 16, 2018
Funster No
Having been owner of self build van for years, now owner of Lunar Champ motorhome... coming up to first year anniversary so needs habitation check and MOT.
Any recommendations in the Bedford/Milton Keynes/Northampton area? Found a few, but would appreciate details of any to use or steer clear of!!
Having some issues with 12v not charging whilst travelling so will need to get that checked at the same time (have tried to sort ourselves - but with no success - can't even find the relay switch!!)
Thank you!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
CLS - used them myself and members of this forum too, they also offer a mobile service:

Link Removed

However you need to check the terms of your warranty to see who you can use as they may restrict you to certain places (assuming it's a newish MH).

Upvote 0

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
CLS - used them myself and members of this forum too, they also offer a mobile service:
Not sure they're about still - their web site hasn't been updated since 2015 and all the contact pages are no longer valid.
I've always used Heart of England in Daventry, although their workshop is a bit further north...
http://heartofenglandmotorhomes.co.uk/
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Not sure they're about still - their web site hasn't been updated since 2015 and all the contact pages are no longer valid.
I've always used Heart of England in Daventry, although their workshop is a bit further north...
http://heartofenglandmotorhomes.co.uk/
:)
My own view but we wouldn't touch that shower with a triple length bargepole .
Passed a van as damp free highest reading 14. Could have used the van as a fish tank it was that wet.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Sue Tassell

Free Member
Jan 16, 2018
Funster No
All sorted and booked locally now. But thanks for suggestions.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Blimey what are you two paying then.
Have look at the link as I read it to be a service and check but was unsure as to me it was not very clear and I did not want to mislead the OP.
I went by what you said .... a 'habitation check' but the price appears to include a base vehicle service as well so that makes it much more reasonable.

Motorhome Service / Habitation Check

We are able to offer routine Servicing of both the vehicle and the Habitation area of your Motorhome in one visit making White Arches your "one stop shop" for all your routine maintenance requirements. Our habitation check covers all standard fitted equipment in the habitable part of your motorhome plus a full report with moisture readings if applicable.

£220.97

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
I think the White Arches price is just the habitation check, we bought through them and have to go back for the warranty issues. We will go somewhere more reasonably priced next year though!!
I'm expecting the service to be equally expensive :(

Upvote 0

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
I think it’s for base service and habitation as I understand it, price is reasonable in my opinion
(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back