Is this French camp site open? (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
For the last three years I've worked a week in the summer at the "new" medieval castle, Guedelon. We have stayed at the nearest camp site so I can bike to work and leave SWMBO sunbathing etc, unfortunately last year the site, Parc Des Joumiers,Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye, was closed ( looked like it had gone bust, lots of marks in the tarmac where vans had turned round so we where not alone ). Does any Funster know if is going to be open this year ( do realise their season hasn't started yet) any help would be appreciated.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Fascinating project you're involved in there. I didn't realise it was open to the public yet. That is now on our Spring itinerary - thanks for the reminder.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It's been open to the public since it started 20+years ago ( hope this doesn't come over sarcastic) go,look, enjoy

No problem - her upstairs has just told me she got a leaflet on it last year and knew all about it, so I'm probably the last person to realise, as with many things. Le Moulin will be of particular interest, and we often pass through Dijon to visit a friend when touring France.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There is an aire in Treigny according to CamperContact #13452. But I guess it could be busy. :)

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
@AndyLes

We visited Guedelon Castle last year, (and for those if you haven't been, it is well worth a visit(y)). We looked at the aire in Treigny, but it was very open with no shade and with the temperatures were nearing 40 degrees we looked for a local campsite with some shade and found Camping Municipal La Calanque (see here). This is right on the shore of the Reservoir de Bourdon with a beach, swimming, a variety of water sports, cycling and walking all available

Cheers

Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It's been open to the public since it started 20+years ago ( hope this doesn't come over sarcastic) go,look, enjoy

We have visited.

The whole point about it being under construction is to allow visitors to see the techniques that were used in Medieval times. I found it very fascinating and so did Basia even though she is not particularly interested in mechanics and technical workings. We spent a long time there beause there was a lot to see and watch.

It is well worth a visit. I would be interested in re-visiting to see how much has prgressed in the 2 years since our visit.

Geoff

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi!

Don't know if the answer to your question (will the campsite open this year?) has been answered... May be it's well hidden in one of the answers to your post, I probably didn't get it (not really surprising coming from a frog!) but here is my answer: The phone number doesn't lead to anyone now, it's just Orange answering, so I will phone the Mairie or the Syndicat d'initiative, if any, on Monday for a proper answer.
The actual website leads to a page selling sport shoes.....
To be followed

Amicalement
Frankie:)

OP
OP
AndyLes
Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi yodeli.
Realise I'm a bit cheeky but did you get an answer from either the Maisie or the Syndicat d'initiative?
Thanks in anticipation AndyLes

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi yodeli.
Realise I'm a bit cheeky but did you get an answer from either the Maisie or the Syndicat d'initiative?
Thanks in anticipation AndyLes

Not cheeky at all. I'm afraid I forgot to call. I usually do this kind of call straight away ,but I guess my brain being a bit overbooked at the moment, I probably went back to wok and forgot.
Give me a kick on Monday, I'm living for Portugal tomorrow, and won't be back before Sunday evening. I'll get an answer!
TBH , I think it's the first time I forget ....Getting old I suppose:rolleyes:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
For the last three years I've worked a week in the summer at the "new" medieval castle, Guedelon. We have stayed at the nearest camp site so I can bike to work and leave SWMBO sunbathing etc, unfortunately last year the site, Parc Des Joumiers,Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye, was closed ( looked like it had gone bust, lots of marks in the tarmac where vans had turned round so we where not alone ). Does any Funster know if is going to be open this year ( do realise their season hasn't started yet) any help would be appreciated.

OK , got part of the answer: the campsite Parc des Joumiers is shut waiting for someone to buy it and then re-open it!

Second part of the answer will be on wednesday as Office du Tourisme is not open on Mondays and Tuesdays (no cheeky comments!) and I will then know whether the town has found another place to offer to park on, (aire probably) to the potential workers (or not) on the site of the castle.

May be a good opportunity for some funster willing to hold a campsite to have a look at the deal ......

OP
OP
AndyLes
Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thank thank you for your help so far, glad I gave you a gentle reminder and not a kick :):)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
@AndyLes Right, here comes the results of the second part of my searches:
No other campsite at a reasonnable distance from Guédelon castle (cycling or walking)
The two nearest places where you can park your motorhome are:
1)Camping de Saint Farjeau which has pitches for motorhomes. It's about 10 mns drive from the Castle and it is 10,50/night
Phone number 0386740455 (if from an English phone : 0033386740455)
2) Aire de Camping Car de Saint Amand en Puisay
Free of charge , dump and water provided , no electricity, and toilets on spot
Phone number 0386396372 (if from an English phone: 0033386396372)

For any other personal searches to park in the area, google: Puisay tourisme. Then click on "trouver un hébergement"

Anything else I can do for you sir?:D

Amicalement
Frankie;):cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyLes
Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class