Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Has anyone signed up for any of these wifi pay as you go or contracts in France such as Neuf, Orange or BT Openzone / FON?

Ive just installed a long range wifi antenna and Ive been researching the paid for wifi spots you can find in most towns and wondered if they were a waste of money or good value.

Im hoping to pick up free wifi as the antenna claims to work at up to 5 miles but I bet its not that easy!

Cheers
BD

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has anyone signed up for any of these wifi pay as you go or contracts in France such as Neuf, Orange or BT Openzone / FON?

Ive just installed a long range wifi antenna and Ive been researching the paid for wifi spots you can find in most towns and wondered if they were a waste of money or good value.

Im hoping to pick up free wifi as the antenna claims to work at up to 5 miles but I bet its not that easy!

Cheers
BD

Better to load MacDonalds poi s into sat nav and use the free connection, you dont even have to suffer buying a coffee

OP
OP
barryd

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Thanks. Any idea where you download the POI for McDonalds? Also do you have to go in and get a password or is it an open system?

The whole idea of getting the Antenna was to avoid moving the van to find a connection but Im not sure thats going to be practicle.

Are there any other free wifi spots to look at for that dont require a password? I dont mind registering and putting my details in but if I pick up a signal 3 miles away I dont want to go looking for where its come from to get a password.

BD

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks. Any idea where you download the POI for McDonalds? Also do you have to go in and get a password or is it an open system?

The whole idea of getting the Antenna was to avoid moving the van to find a connection but Im not sure thats going to be practicle.

Are there any other free wifi spots to look at for that dont require a password? I dont mind registering and putting my details in but if I pick up a signal 3 miles away I dont want to go looking for where its come from to get a password.

BD

This one for French hot spots
http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/france/wifi_hotspots/WiFi_fr.html

This one for MacDonalds
http://www.gps-data-team.com/poi/france/restaurants/McDonalds_fr.html
Have never gone into Macdonalds Just park up outside log on create a pass word and this will work for all MacDonalds
But make sure that your pc allows pop ups.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back