SIM card abroad! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Just had a chat with Plusnet. They tell me that their “rolling 30 day contract” sim only ,from £5 can be used for two months abroad. Looks interesting.

Colyboy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Phone or data?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I am with Plusnet. AFAIK they do not do data only SIMs. You can get better deals if, like me, you already have their broadband. I have unlimited calls and texts and 4Gb for £10. Just noticed they have a new deal for existing users that bumps the data up to 6Gb a month for £11.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am with Plusnet. AFAIK they do not do data only SIMs. You can get better deals if, like me, you already have their broadband. I have unlimited calls and texts and 4Gb for £10. Just noticed they have a new deal for existing users that bumps the data up to 6Gb a month for £11.
Should of haggled with them Peter, I did and got 5gb & 2000 min for £10.:LOL:

If they are now offering 6gb I shall have to have another haggle with them, asking for a PAC number usually does the trick.

I asked them about use abroad and they said no problem up to 120 days which ties in with what most other operators say.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Should of haggled with them Peter, I did and got 5gb & 2000 min for £10.:LOL:

If they are now offering 6gb I shall have to have another haggle with them, asking for a PAC number usually does the trick.

I asked them about use abroad and they said no problem up to 120 days which ties in with what most other operators say.
Lenny, in truth I do not use much of my allowance at all. I only ever get near the data allowance when I am out a lot in the moho, and that has not happened much since the autumn. I will start using data when we travel abroad, but that will be for more than 6Gb a month. I have a mifi and Three PAYG cards for that, so will share it out between that and the phone.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lenny, in truth I do not use much of my allowance at all. I only ever get near the data allowance when I am out a lot in the moho, and that has not happened much since the autumn. I will start using data when we travel abroad, but that will be for more than 6Gb a month. I have a mifi and Three PAYG cards for that, so will share it out between that and the phone.
I don't use much data at home, I leave the phone on data don't bother connecting to my wifi & only use about 2gb a month.
Never used to use much in van when away but since the free roaming I find I can't be bothered to put my aerial up to get wifi so use a lot more data. Also when tethered to the laptop desktop sites use a lot more data than mobile sites surprising how much data you can get through on desktop sites.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
No ones jumped anywhere the whole thread has been about phone sims.
Unless he dropped his phone in the kettle :ROFLMAO:

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
He mentioned Plusnet ?(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
He mentioned Plusnet ?(y)
But how would those without a Plusnet contract know it was a phone sim? I didn't hence my initial question.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
But how would those without a Plusnet contract know it was a phone sim? I didn't hence my initial question.
I ain’t got Plusnet, but its advertised every time I look at the tv, does my bl**dy head in :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back