Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
6 years
Something similar in past. This is latest

Description:

The price of oil is as low as it has been for a while, the oil companies have simply jacked their prices up and the government will not do anything as they rake in extra VAT for every increase.

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 114.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1.50 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ...

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt,all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 90p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just join this group and get all your FB friends to join or forward as an email to everyone in your address book, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e.. boycott BP and Esso

Open: All content is public.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Sorry last of the mohicans, this 'posting' last did the rounds on here a couple of weeks ago. posted in
Link Removed
by Dave jm

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Love to know where you get diesel at that price, our local (almost 20 miles away ) Tesco was at 119.9 yesterday!!

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
BP diesel round our way is 113.9, same as petrol. Local Tesco 117.9!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I think this has been doing the rounds for a few years now .
I saw it 3 years ago on an emigrating forum.

Though i caught the end of something on the news this morning similar, getting lots of people to do things at the same time.
Something about turning your lights out at 8.30pm .
Don't know when , could be tonight , but seemingly its a global thing , some protest about something or an other. Did anyone else see it?
Bev

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
£120.9 today at our local s/markets.:Angry::Angry::Angry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Boycotting a major is simply a waste of time.. who do you think supplies the supermarkets ?
No matter where you buy it will be supplied by one of the majors ..

The only person who will be hurt is the franchised retailer who is the last person we want to hurt, if they all close the supermarkets will hold us to ransom ..

OP
OP
L

Last of the Mohicans

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
6 years
Well if we all stopped buying fuel from Esso and B.P We might get something done about the cost i shall i won,t be useing those two.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I think this has been doing the rounds for a few years now .
I saw it 3 years ago on an emigrating forum.

Though i caught the end of something on the news this morning similar, getting lots of people to do things at the same time.
Something about turning your lights out at 8.30pm .
Don't know when , could be tonight , but seemingly its a global thing , some protest about something or an other. Did anyone else see it?
Bev

As i said before , its a round robin thing.

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/22052-fuel-prices-2.html#post267886

how much is heating oil i have hered diesels run on it quite well? any one tried it or something simular.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
how much is heating oil i have hered diesels run on it quite well? any one tried it or something simular.
There are a number of things missing from heating oil, like engine lubricants. any diesel will run on it until the engine loses compression, then just get another engine, hee hee.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

I have to disagree with wildman on this, to my knowledge there is very little difference between them, HHO has a dye trace added same as red diesel .. there is no additional lub oil added to diesel.

I have a mate who runs his landy on home heating oil, totally illegal but that is his concern.. the only thing I noticed was it was a tad smoky when cold..

But it is a purely academic question, get caught and you will be prosecuted and fined big time.

Some information here.. Link Removed

Bear in mind there are two types of HHO .. one as discussed, the other is kerosene or paraffin .. not suitable for a diesel engine..

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
If you have a diesel just make your own bio diesel as i do even though my veg oil collection price has gone up a bit lately it now cost me 20p a litre to make my bio diesel:ROFLMAO:

If any one is interested heres a video series on how to make your own parts 1-13

here is the first one:thumb:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK_tf9hQXIM[/ame]

This is the company i bought my processor off. they have now been bought out so are no longer in business:Blush:

there are still plenty of places to get your own processor or just make your own.

Hope this helps as it helped me. Made 70 litres last week 60 litres this week and another 70 litre in the processor ready to convert:thumb:

Beat paying gordon and his cronnies any tax:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back