Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Calculating toll return to Tanger Med? - We're returning to Spain tomorrow. I have the autoroutes Maroc app downloaded. Trying to calculate the dirhams I'll need to have retained to pay the tolls from Fes to Tanger Med (due to weather we've decided to take the coast autoroutes through Assilah rather than the N roads through Chefchaouen), I can find Tanger as a final exit, I can find Melloussa, but nothing past Melloussa to Tanger Med. Are there no further tolls past Melloussa?

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Calculating toll return to Tanger Med? - We're returning to Spain tomorrow. I have the autoroutes Maroc app downloaded. Trying to calculate the dirhams I'll need to have retained to pay the tolls from Fes to Tanger Med (due to weather we've decided to take the coast autoroutes through Assilah rather than the N roads through Chefchaouen), I can find Tanger as a final exit, I can find Melloussa, but nothing past Melloussa to Tanger Med. Are there no further tolls past Melloussa?
The very last toll booth before Tanger Med accepts credit cards. Just as well because one year I miscalculated and had no Dhs when I got there.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
IMG_6221.JPG
IMG_6244.JPG
IMG_6308.JPG
IMG_6325.JPG
IMG_6390.JPG
IMG_6397.JPG
IMG_6417.JPG
IMG_6424.JPG
IMG_6446.JPG

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We are on the ferry in Algeciras, where were the above photos from ?

Regards and insallah

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thank you once again makems !

They also take euros.

We are on the ferry in Algeciras, where were the above photos from ?

Regards and insallah

Se our photographer is at it again :rolleyes:! Probably from all over. Have a look at the "Morocco 2016" thread for more great examples.

Safe travels and have a great time everyone!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Graham and Jane

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We are now camped up at Camping Echrigui in Asilha. What an eventful night. Carlos took us to the ferry with the intention of staying overnight. Arrived at port to find ferry delayed and would we like to go on last ferry last night. 6hrs later we parked up by money booths after a major drugs bust in port. We all just sat there and said Morocco again. Tomorrow us another adventure. It's showers and sun today but a nice 14*

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Very funny where?? in Morocco
Taghazout 2015. We were on there with another couple of hundred motorhomes, right on the edge of town. Fantastic location with superb beaches renowned for it's surfing. Tradesman would visit the motorhome area every day, gas, water, mechanical, electrical, fruit, food, fish and even the famous artist Rasheed. 10 minuter walk into town for restaurants, supplies fish market etc., etc.,. Then one day I noticed everybody was getting ready to leave and a French guy next to me said we all have to leave. I said I'm not budging until it's official, an hour later the army and the plod arrived and told us to leave. The land we were parked on was bought by a developer and now it has hundreds of small modern accommodation units on their being used by the surfers who fly in to Agadir and pay the going rate to surf all day, every day. As you approach Taghazout you will see some really good wild camping places that are now deserted. You may see the odd motorhome on there using it during the day but they will be forced off in the evening.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone remember the details for the guy in Agadir who done Collins leather upholstery?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all, It has been brought to my attention that Taghazout may have recently opened up to motorhomes again ? Not confirmed however and if any of you are passing that way can you check it out and post an update on here. I was of the view it is permanently closed to motorhomes.
Thanks in advance.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
We are now camped up at Camping Echrigui in Asilha. *

Funny - we were headed to Echrigui when from the roundabout we saw the on-beach guardian parking just below it. We're sitting there right now. Got in half an hour ago. Unfortunately we head back tomorrow.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all, It has been brought to my attention that Taghazout may have recently opened up to motorhomes again ? Not confirmed however and if any of you are passing that way can you check it out and post an update on here. I was of the view it is permanently closed to motorhomes.
Thanks in advance.

If we pass by will have a nosey fella,
Best regards to you both,
Marc and Sam

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just to remember at Tangier Med you have to go through the mobile X-ray machine and quite a queue can build up. Give yourself plenty of time

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best go through ceuta and have the ceuta experiance . plus cheap booze as well. i love the hassle etc in ceuta makes the trip a real adventure .
mind last time we went through it was easy they know our trucks as we have been through so many times and its us giving them hassle usually . all good fun.
inshallah.

JeffersonCampervan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2008
Toronto
Funster No
MH
semi-integral & Integral
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks - we ended up breezing right through - no line for the x-ray this morning. Same in Spain - just waved us through- no questions even about the dog and titres test. We had a similar experience entering Morocco - less than a half hour all told. We're in Iberia for a week then back to Canada. Gelves tonight- Sevilla Remedios tomorrow.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I’m sure there was someone that Mentioned on last years thread they wanted to go in Nov ?
You don’t pay for the dogs

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Does anyone go across to Morocco in October? We are considering it and have never been before so any info on this time of year would be great!
Also when you go to Carlos do you have to pay for the dogs crossing too?
november can be a very wet month . have done oct ,nov ,dec , then extended to jan,feb ,march.
but after a few years decided just go beginning of dec do three months then out . march /april can be very windy as the trade winds come up . lots dust etc . but can be interesting watching the whirlwind sand blowing around .
never paid for my dog to cross ever. even before carlos was the ticket man.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I'm going to contact Carlos for the ferry to Morocco today, could anyone tell me what the going rate is for the crossing.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I'm going to contact Carlos for the ferry to Morocco today, could anyone tell me what the going rate is for the crossing.

€180 I have paid last 3 yes Derek,
Believe it’s the same this year ?
Edit: that’s the MHF price €200 otherwise

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Ok, 0k, sitting on the new camper stop at Sidi kaouki, about 14 miles south of essaouira, the campsite here was full, but the camper stop is perfect. Only a short walk to the 'restaurants ' on the seafront. A real surfers vibe to the area. It's got a couple of camels and horses on the beach and 3 quad bikes.

When we bring our 7 year old granddaughter to Morrocco , for the 3rd time in the Feb half term, I think we will return here with her.

Last year we took her down to guelmim.

And the sun is shining

Insallah

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Ok, 0k, sitting on the new camper stop at Sidi kaouki, about 14 miles south of essaouira, the campsite here was full, but the camper stop is perfect. Only a short walk to the 'restaurants ' on the seafront. A real surfers vibe to the area. It's got a couple of camels and horses on the beach and 3 quad bikes.

When we bring our 7 year old granddaughter to Morrocco , for the 3rd time in the Feb half term, I think we will return here with her.

Last year we took her down to guelmim.

And the sun is shining

Insallah

What facilities has the camperstop, and what is the charge, many thanks
We like sidi Kouki stopped the last 3 yrs but always on the campsite,

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Following camper contact reviews' you know who I mean' we planned on going to the camp site. It only had one small space left, and the swimming pool is still a hole in the ground.
The camper stop is 50d a night, iffy leccy is an extra 10d. Loads of space, a toilet block that swmbo used for a shower and wash her hair ( definitely a first in morocco), and a decent service point. And no hassle locals popping, but are NO problem.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers Hotelman, all info welcome on this thread, not heard anything from the lead group, ?

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Here's one of @horshamjack just before he burst into flames at one of our barbies. He eat well though, but tasted more like mutton than lamb!
View attachment 206834

That was some fire Phil, another great night with the funsters, good music too courtesy of Makhems
When are you guys returning, did miss your dry sarky humour last year :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back