Can't find "Start a conversation " on members profile pages ? (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can click on "Inbox" and then "Start a new conversation"

You then need to type the names of the people you want to message in the "Participants" box. The predictive thing works there so as you type the first few letters you get suggestions that will narrow down as you keep typing.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
i think it is on your profile only there is an issue as others i click it is there, Jim will fix :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
You can click on "Inbox" and then "Start a new conversation"

You then need to type the names of the people you want to message in the "Participants" box. The predictive thing works there so as you type the first few letters you get suggestions that will narrow down as you keep typing.
That works too

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That's interesting.

If I click on your profile @Freespirit1 I don't have the option to start a conversation but if I click on @zac 's the option is there.

Have you somehow disabled Conversations? Just a guess, I don't know if it's even possible to do that. @Jim ?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No, but users can choose who can contact them

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
That's interesting.

If I click on your profile @Freespirit1 I don't have the option to start a conversation but if I click on @zac 's the option is there.

Have you somehow disabled Conversations? Just a guess, I don't know if it's even possible to do that. @Jim ?

Many thanks for your observations- I've had a look but maybe missed something in settings.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Many thanks for your observations- I've had a look but maybe missed something in settings.

From Jim's post above it may just be that the person you're trying to message has restrictions on who can contact them.

Have you tried clicking on different people's profiles to see if the option is there?

I know for example that I don't have any restrictions on who can start a conversation with me so if you click on mine you should see the option.

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
From Jim's post above it may just be that the person you're trying to message has restrictions on who can contact them.

Have you tried clicking on different people's profiles to see if the option is there?

I know for example that I don't have any restrictions on who can start a conversation with me so if you click on mine you should see the option.

Hi Nick - thanks for your efforts @Jim has pm'd me and has the issue in hand

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Did you ever get this sorted? I'm having the same problem ...
I assume you've got something 'blocked' on your account as I can't send you a message as the option isn't on your profile.

OP
OP
Freespirit1

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Did you ever get this sorted? I'm having the same problem ...

Yes - speak to @Jim - it’s to do with his administration of subscriptions etc.:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you click on your username and then on 'Privacy' you'll get various options to choose, if you scroll down you'll find the below which needs to be set up to either 'Members Only' or 'people you follow only' I suspect you have it set to the latter so change it to the former then click to save the change.

upload_2018-1-11_18-54-44.png

xgx

Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
Accept conversations from 'members only'... Ticked
Post messages on your profile page: 'members only' ... Ticked
Start conversations with you: 'members only' ... Ticked
all ticked to allow contact....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Accept conversations from 'members only'... Ticked
Post messages on your profile page: 'members only' ... Ticked
Start conversations with you: 'members only' ... Ticked
all ticked to allow contact....
Did you click on the 'save' button though?

Check under 'Contact Details' too as there's an option to change it in that section as well.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Jim ... summut weird is going on with xgx ... he can't send or receive 'conversations' ...

xgx

Free Member
Jul 7, 2016
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
umptynine years
Yes - speak to @Jim - it’s to do with his administration of subscriptions etc.:)
Thanks ...raised two tickets on the problem and sent a message via Jim's welcome message (that one's there(!) but haven't heard anything back ... yet

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thanks ...raised two tickets on the problem and sent a message via Jim's welcome message (that one's there(!) but haven't heard anything back ... yet
Jim's got a lot on his plate at the mo but I'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back