Auto-Emptying Gas Boiler on Fiat Rapido 776FF (2 Viewers)

Jan 11, 2018
Exeter, Devon, UK
Funster No
I would like to know if there is anyway of stopping the the gas boiler/heater from auto-emptying when the temperature hits 0 degrees, other than keeping the gas heating on all the time.
We are off Skiing in the French Alps on Friday 19th January, got snow tyres, and chains, but am a bit worried that the boiler with auto empty on me.
The Boiler and the water tank are both inside the Motorhome, with only the waste outside underneath.
Any advice would be more than welcome.
Danny Frayne -
P.S. I have thought of taking a Drum of water separately for gas cooker kettle, but this would not give us any heating if the boiler empties.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I'e Not got an auto dump valve but beliee they are still mechanical and can be disabled permanently... turning it into a purely manual valve.. it involves stripping the valve and making a modification to a fitting in it that expands and contracts with temp change..
Google disabling an auto dump valve on a motor ome boiler... see what you get..
Andy

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:welco: To the house of Fun.
Which boiler do you have and do you have any pics of the dump valve. Some of the older valves can be held open with a clothes peg under the release button. No too sure if anything can be done on the newer types. The Truma combi boilers can be run for heating only without the need for water in them, but there again, if you run with the heating on, the boiler won't dump(y);)

There are a few Skiers on the forum who will be better placed to advise.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I guess the question is are you staying on camp sites or Aires? We have used both and if you have hook up leave the heating on about 10 to 12 degres during the day on electric and then combined or gas when you get in. If you don't have electric we find that 2 x 11KG gas bottles last 10 to 12 days before a fill up is needed. Depends how cold it gets!

Never had the boiler dump using that approach.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
I would like to know if there is anyway of stopping the the gas boiler/heater from auto-emptying when the temperature hits 0 degrees, other than keeping the gas heating on all the time.
We are off Skiing in the French Alps on Friday 19th January, got snow tyres, and chains, but am a bit worried that the boiler with auto empty on me.
The Boiler and the water tank are both inside the Motorhome, with only the waste outside underneath.
Any advice would be more than welcome.
Danny Frayne -
P.S. I have thought of taking a Drum of water separately for gas cooker kettle, but this would not give us any heating if the boiler empties.
The dump valve is there to protect your boiler. If you circumvent the valve your boiler may well get damaged. On the side of the valve is a button that pops out when the temprature drops to freezing levels, if you want to stop it get yourself some electricians insulating tape and wrap it round the valve to hold the button in.

Be aware that even if you put the boiler on at a low tempreature the valve will still dump the water if it reaches the low temps.

I thought by having my boiler in use and keeping the temp at eco level overnight the valve wouldn't dump.....wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back