Someone explain (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I’m sat at Heathrow airport waiting to board for a 7 week trip to Thailand, and all I’m thinking about is my March trip to Spain in the motorhome, can someone explain what that’s all about, lol.

Mickey

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Homesick already? Motorhome counts as home but I guess you will soon be distracted by the charms of Thailand.:)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Homesick already? Motorhome counts as home but I guess you will soon be distracted by the charms of Thailand.:)
Maybe the scenery too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I consider all the time that I waste parking the car, getting a shuttle to the airport, sorting out luggage, getting through security, buying a coffee at extortionate rates, finding out which gate to get to, sitting waiting for boarding, etc etc.

IF I was in my MH I would arrive, settle down for a small delay and then be on my way with all of my luggage coming with me.

Enjoy - Gordon

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Do not forget to pack plenty of pictures to show the Thai people what a real holiday would look like.
upload_2018-1-11_12-31-14.jpeg

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We had three weeks in Thailand, sailing around in a four masted Clipper in November. Truthfully we spent most of the time chatting/planning our Christmas trip to Paris is the motorhome.

Especially when we had to empty our pockets, take off our shoes and belts and in Lyns case jewellery and think about things like weight of suitcase and what is and isn't hand luggage

Grumble grumble "None of this nonsense when we go away in the camper" grumble moan chunter lol

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
I consider all the time that I waste parking the car, getting a shuttle to the airport, sorting out luggage, getting through security, buying a coffee at extortionate rates, finding out which gate to get to, sitting waiting for boarding, etc etc.

IF I was in my MH I would arrive, settle down for a small delay and then be on my way with all of my luggage coming with me.

Enjoy - Gordon
Never been stuck in a four hour delay on the motor way then

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
You can't go to Thailand in your campervan!
well not in seven weeks

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
it'll all be worth it when you get there!
just back from 3 weeks in the far east and we had a great time.
Aclass drivers would have a whale of a time in vietnam biggest vehicle with loudest horn has priority in all cases.
just 1 bit of advice - if someone says lets go to the floating market (in our case SHMBO) dont bother. its nothing like it used to be in Bangkok just a tourist rip off in some swamp in the back of beyond.
oh and dont eat the food unless u can see where the washing up is done and then judge.
enjoy.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I have a son works off Thailand on a rig’he only buys food from the street sellers which is fresh every day once sold they finish until the following day and Regards the motorhome he recon’s after one day in any of the busy area’s your van would be unrecongised as most vehicles would bounce of you and carry on it’s manic Sounds fun but could turn out expensive lol

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
We are off to Thailand in a couple of weeks (1st Feb) but would rather go somewhere in the MoHo. I can't explain it either :confused:
Perhaps it's the independance, not having to rely on others for your travels. (Airline, Transfers,Cabs etc) Having said that, I do love Thailand :rolleyes:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Another one here. Just happy in the van.

Planning for Nov this year to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam then to Malaysia, Kuala Lumpar, etc, before visiting family in Oz. 3, 4 maybe 5 months if Mrs D gets her way!

She can't wait - I can't get excited.

I keep getting threatened with "I'll go on my own then"
Mmmmm?
I'm sure I will enjoy it when I am there but it's always nice to get back to the van.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We are off to Thailand in a couple of weeks (1st Feb) but would rather go somewhere in the MoHo. I can't explain it either :confused:
Perhaps it's the independance, not having to rely on others for your travels. (Airline, Transfers,Cabs etc) Having said that, I do love Thailand :rolleyes:
I have the same opinion about Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and alike with some fantastic memories from initially back packing in 83, up to our most recent visits staying in lovely hotels. The food is the thing we both miss most, as you can never experience the same or anything like it anywhere else. One thing that has become more apparent, even scary to us, is when you have fond memories of your favourite places, its not always a good idea to try and replicate them. The places you remember so well have probably changed beyond all recognition, Penang Island, Phuket, Koh Samui are good examples, along with even the simplistic Greek Island holidays that we all enjoyed all those years ago, all built up and so touristy these days.
Thats why we bought the moho, cant be doing with Airports, Long Haul Flights,Baggage Allowances, Security Checks, Flight delays & having to tip everyone for just giving you a smile!
But if I were single, I would I guess be rather excited about another trip to Thailand :blush:
Have fun
Les

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I have the same opinion about Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and alike with some fantastic memories from initially back packing in 83, up to our most recent visits staying in lovely hotels. The food is the thing we both miss most, as you can never experience the same or anything like it anywhere else. One thing that has become more apparent, even scary to us, is when you have fond memories of your favourite places, its not always a good idea to try and replicate them. The places you remember so well have probably changed beyond all recognition, Penang Island, Phuket, Koh Samui are good examples, along with even the simplistic Greek Island holidays that we all enjoyed all those years ago, all built up and so touristy these days.
Thats why we bought the moho, cant be doing with Airports, Long Haul Flights,Baggage Allowances, Security Checks, Flight delays & having to tip everyone for just giving you a smile!
But if I were single, I would I guess be rather excited about another trip to Thailand :blush:
Have fun
Les
We are not big travellers, as you say airports,check in, security etc are a real waste of time. The only reason we visited Thailand 3 years ago is because our DIL(Thai) and grandson were there. Thankfully they are now in the UK and we are all going back for a 3 week holiday.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Only normal people go on {normal holiday}. We the mad ones have motorhomes. And do our holidays. Not like the weird normal ones. If that makes sense. ??? :ROFLMAO:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have never flown on holiday. My entire flying experience is one trip to IoM for the Senior TT in 1965 in a twin prop DC something. One engine died on tge return journey so what should have been a 30 minute flight turned into an hour and a half while it used up fuel. Followed by a perfect landing. My second flight was Cyprus for youngest daughters wedding. That's it. I enjoyed both experiences but wouldn't go through another airport by choice.

OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Thanks for all replies, After a couple of days here, I realise that having been coming to Thailand for 25 years, I’ve seen it, bought the t shirt etc, while motorhoming is all new to me. Don’t get me wrong, I still love Thailand but I’m really looking forward to the motorhome trip with the missus. Take care all and enjoy your motorhomes.

Mickey

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I’m sat at Heathrow airport waiting to board for a 7 week trip to Thailand, and all I’m thinking about is my March trip to Spain in the motorhome, can someone explain what that’s all about, lol.

Mickey

Everyone makes mistakes, don't beat yourself up about it.:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back