Remote sensor for underslung gas tank (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Yes there is .. our previous moho had one fitted by Autogas 2000 .. a series of nine leds not perfect but very close to accurate.
As a matter of interest maybe to others ,, Against the better advice of Autogas, I requested the same led system to be fitted to twin Alugas bottles fitted on our new moho ,,, I should have listened, it's useless when used with bottles.:doh:

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Does anyone know if there is such a thing available?
Thanks in advance.
Richard

Yes - GasIt do one on their range of underslung tanks - the tanks are far cheaper too than the other brands :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As a matter of interest maybe to others ,, Against the better advice of Autogas, I requested the same led system to be fitted to twin Alugas bottles fitted on our new moho ,,, I should have listened, it's useless when used with bottles.:doh:
Mine worked ok with the Alugas bottles in the locker. I had one readout and used only one of the two sensors and simply connected it on to whichever bottle I was using. Had to be careful to rotate the sensor around a bit as it was seated as it was easy to stick it on full or empty due to the orientation of the magnets.

Current van system is pretty accurate with a 70litre underslung tank

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Mine worked ok with the Alugas bottles in the locker. I had one readout and used only one of the two sensors and simply connected it on to whichever bottle I was using. Had to be careful to rotate the sensor around a bit as it was seated as it was easy to stick it on full or empty due to the orientation of the magnets.
That's interesting David, I shall have a look sometime to see what I can do. I have two of the 14Kg bottles which leave so little space above to get hands in to move anything .. the bottles do have upward facing gauges but impossible to read due to lack of space and pipework.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's interesting David, I shall have a look sometime to see what I can do. I have two of the 14Kg bottles which leave so little space above to get hands in to move anything .. the bottles do have upward facing gauges but impossible to read due to lack of space and pipework.
Hi Brian... I had a few issues (also 14kg ones from @Theonlysue ) which only just fitted, like yours. As each bottle already had the sender unit I simply wired a single wire to the cab, earth8ng the other on the earth point and as I said, swap the sender unit over as needed. I only secure the sender with a single machine screw as it is easier. I found that the gauges could stick either full or empty unless wiggled a bit to make sure they move when fitting. Occasionally stick as well but a quick shove on the bottle cures that. Not perfect but it worked for me. Cheers

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
Yes there is .. our previous moho had one fitted by Autogas 2000 .. a series of nine leds not perfect but very close to accurate.
Our underslung tank fit from Autogas 2000 has the remote LED gauge and it's not even close to accurate. The last red led lights up at a shade under half a tank. We raised the issue with them but they said it's a sealed system and there was nothing they could do to adjust it. I suppose we have plenty of warning but I would prefer have an indication of a few day gas left rather than a few weeks.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Our underslung tank fit from Autogas 2000 has the remote LED gauge and it's not even close to accurate. The last red led lights up at a shade under half a tank. We raised the issue with them but they said it's a sealed system and there was nothing they could do to adjust it. I suppose we have plenty of warning but I would prefer have an indication of a few day gas left rather than a few weeks.
Sounds like a slightly careless installation to me..... the rotation angle of the fixed tank has to be fairly precise for the gauge and 80% cut off float to work properly, so I am told.

Slightly surprising as they have a very good reputation

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
As has been said...the autogas 2000 tanks come with a gauge fitted to the tank which is operated by a float and magnet.. when you fit the remote gauge it' sender just takes the place of the original tank gauge...
It may well be best to set it up from a known start point...ie the tank been empty... and make sure the remote gauge lights reflect this...
Mine seems to work.. But it' important the vehicle is level and not moving.. I think the float used to stick a bit originally but ok now..
As David says the tank has to be mounted at specific angle to ensure a complete fill... again mine never seems to take all it should even though it is mounted correctly ... I took it back for them to check....
A picture paints a thousand words as they say... so here' a cutaway tank showing the gauge float and the fill cut off.
Andy

20160921_134019.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back