Hymer exsis (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi any views good or bad on the above Hymer thinking of buying 2016 i598 model don't really know that much about Hymer as never looked at them before but you see loads when out and about
Your views would be much appreciated
Gary and Janet

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We've got a 2012 562i, which due to the loss of my C1 was bought mainly for it's payload. The main disadvantage from our point of view is the narrow width makes interior space cramped (to us), although there have been a few occasions when it's been a distinct advantage on the road. The other factor, and bear in mind ours is a 2012, is that it very much seems built down to a price.

Malcolm

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have a 2015 Exsis i698 it’s a great van with lots of payload and slightly narrower than the B class Hymer ours is on AL-KO maxi chassis 4250 kg with the 150 bhp engine plenty of power to tow a car trailer, had it from new imported from Germany LHD.
We love it and have now got it kitted out to make it ours,have traveled from bottom to top of Europe in it without problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We had a 2014 i678 for nearly 3 years, only changed because we got such a good deal. Overall pleased with it, biggest criticism was the position of the water tank behind the rear axle which meant we were always on the limit on the rear axle, didn't help because of the small water tank, only 100 Lt we carried an extra 40 litres in the garage.
Generally we were pleased with build quality, like all Hymers no timber in the construction (apart from inner wall boards) & GRP floor. The narrow width was great for driving as we have habit of getting stuck in hill top villages. Cleverly designed, don't notice the narrower width inside, reasonable amount of storage although you do lose the storage space under the lounge seat to the heater.
I see Travel world have a 2016 one but for that price you could buy one of the nice new redesigned ones in Belgium or Germany for less.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We do love our Burstner but we fancy an A class. We'll see what happens.
Enjoy your lunch. X :D
Ooh can’t wait to see a photo!!
We will and will post photos ! Only coffeee no gin so will be quite restrained!!!

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
We had a 2014 i678 for nearly 3 years, only changed because we got such a good deal. Overall pleased with it, biggest criticism was the position of the water tank behind the rear axle which meant we were always on the limit on the rear axle, didn't help because of the small water tank, only 100 Lt we carried an extra 40 litres in the garage.
Generally we were pleased with build quality, like all Hymers no timber in the construction (apart from inner wall boards) & GRP floor. The narrow width was great for driving as we have habit of getting stuck in hill top villages. Cleverly designed, don't notice the narrower width inside, reasonable amount of storage although you do lose the storage space under the lounge seat to the heater.
I see Travel world have a 2016 one but for that price you could buy one of the nice new redesigned ones in Belgium or Germany for less.
You mean like this one?
Broken Link Removed

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We do love our Burstner but we fancy an A class. We'll see what happens.
Enjoy your lunch. X :D
I have to agree with you, Nicola and I like the idea of an A class and will no doubt choose one as our next MH. The only issue for us is that the Ixeo 680g ticks so many boxes in size, layout & space it’s going to be hard time finding a replacement when the time comes.

Good luck on Friday and keep us posted(y)

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
I have to agree with you, Nicola and I like the idea of an A class and will no doubt choose one as our next MH. The only issue for us is that the Ixeo 680g ticks so many boxes in size, layout & space it’s going to be hard time finding a replacement when the time comes.

Good luck on Friday and keep us posted(y)
Yes we know the Ixeo does tick all the boxes but we feel the time is right to go to A class and it is either Hymer or Rapido
Looked at the New Ixeo A class and it is not a patch on the 680 and it felt that Burstner had down graded the interior fittings to launch at a price and everything about it felt wrong.
So roll on Friday

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
You mean like this one?
Broken Link Removed
Nope, that is the old model for similar or not much more you can get the new model which has the same front end as the Dynamic Line, aluminium internal walls, new cabinet work, bigger garage and new rear end, also plastic headlamps that are a fraction of the price of the Almond eyes and they didn't increase the price makes it not worth buying the old model.

If the new Exsis had been out when we ordered our Dynamic line we would have probably gone for one as they are almost as good as the Dynamic Line apart from it doesn't have a double floor and still has a small water tank a bit bigger at 115 Lt. No problem with rear axle loading if you go for the Maxi Chassis at 4.2t or 4.5t.

New model
upload_2018-1-10_10-31-32.png

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I wouldn't want to pay too much for an old model, although the prices are holding up well at the moment the changes are so significant with the totaly diffent construction method I reckon the old model prices will start dropping of in a couple of years.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Yes we know the Ixeo does tick all the boxes but we feel the time is right to go to A class and it is either Hymer or Rapido
Looked at the New Ixeo A class and it is not a patch on the 680 and it felt that Burstner had down graded the interior fittings to launch at a price and everything about it felt wrong.
So roll on Friday
Yes we thought that too when looking at the latest Burstner A classes at the NEC last year:(

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
So roll on Friday
We have an A Class Rapido and love it our top 4 is always
Rapido
Hymer
Pilote
Burstner -although only for tag axle

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Nope, that is the old model for similar or not much more you can get the new model which has the same front end as the Dynamic Line, aluminium internal walls, new cabinet work, bigger garage and new rear end, also plastic headlamps that are a fraction of the price of the Almond eyes and they didn't increase the price makes it not worth buying the old model.

If the new Exsis had been out when we ordered our Dynamic line we would have probably gone for one as they are almost as good as the Dynamic Line apart from it doesn't have a double floor and still has a small water tank a bit bigger at 115 Lt. No problem with rear axle loading if you go for the Maxi Chassis at 4.2t or 4.5t.

New model
View attachment 206140
I do like my 7.3m length but this is a serious contender for future. But then again will prob have changed again as seem to change constantly

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Hi any views good or bad on the above Hymer thinking of buying 2016 i598 model don't really know that much about Hymer as never looked at them before but you see loads when out and about
Your views would be much appreciated
Gary and Janet

Guys, we've got the i588 - and you know how often we change our van; and we still love it :)

My advice - go for it.....

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
So roll on Friday

Before we had a Hymer, we had a 2008 Burstner Nexxo, and were very pleased with it. We sold it privately, and fully intended to buy a new Burstner in Germany. However, when we came to look at the new Burstners, we felt exactly like you - that they were no longer as good as they used to be. Don't get me wrong, we still like Burstners, and they do have some really innovative designs, but when we changed to Hymer, we really noticed the difference. One of the main differences in day-to-day living is the comfort of the seats. In the Burstner, it was difficult to relax, because we always felt 'penned in' on the bench seat behind the table. The lounge seating group in the Hymer does away with that problem, and the seats themselves are also much more comfortable.
I also agree with you about going for an A class, rather than a low profile.
With regard to the particular van, I wouldn't be in too much of a rush. The brand new one at Bad Waldsee is about £5,000 cheaper (less expensive!) than the 2-year-old one. Also, I don't know much about Hymer models, but it could be that the 598 has been superceeded by the 594? This van looks very similar to me
If it were me, I'd be giving both Durrwang and Campirama a ring before deciding.
Best of luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new purchase, when you get it.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
PS, just read @LennyHB 's comments about the new Exsis, and I agree entirely. The new style Exsis is so much nicer, and a probably much better buy.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
One thing to note island beds appear to be a dying trend in Europe both the Exsis & the Dynamic line don't have any in their current ranges.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
The island beds look very attractive but I seem to remember that we looked in an island bed Exsis, and found that the space between the end of the bed and the shower room was very tight. I think you can slide back the bed to give space to move round it during the day, but that's no good in the middle of the night :unsure:.
Our last two vans had fixed French beds, which we liked because that design gives an open feel to the van. We've now got twin singles, which can be converted into one massive bed, if you want. I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but it's great for sleeping in. The beds are really comfortable, and we both find we can sleep in til about 9.30 am, which we could never do before. It's also possible for one person to get up early and for the other (me :)), to have a lie in without getting disturbed.
It may be worth your while looking at the 588 to see whether it might suit you.

cantonalegod

Free Member
Nov 1, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8086df
Exp
Hi, we have had a LHD Exsis i588, and currently run the baby i414. We loved the first one, which we imported from Germany, but even at 6.99m my wife thought it too big for her to drive, so we sold it on privately, (nice little profit :)). We are very happy with the new one, which is only 5.99, auto, and RHD. The only issue we have had with both is that if you over fill the fresh water tank, it can overflow into the garage area, through the internal inspection screw filler i think, as this is set lower that other parts of the tank. Hymer are aware and have a fix, new rubber seal, bit of sealer etc., but still recommend not travelling with it brimming full! The quality of everything is very good, we have even got used to the tv position, which although unusual, does mean everyone can see the tv in the lounge. Ours is pretty loaded, leather etc. and although short still has a large garage, and two huge double beds. What is not to like:D. Don't think you will be disappointed when you view!

OP
OP
garjanco
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks for all your views guys didn't buy the i598 as the island bed was very cramped against both the toilet and shower as mentioned by @bellabee but we have bought a 2017 unregistered i678 single beds at back, drop down at front , large garage 7.2m long
Gary and Janet

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for all your views guys didn't buy the i598 as the island bed was very cramped against both the toilet and shower as mentioned by @bellabee but we have bought a 2017 unregistered i678 single beds at back, drop down at front , large garage 7.2m long
Gary and Janet
Yay! Look forward to seeing it! ( Robs test driving a MX5 on Monday !! Eek will we get iadout of it?!!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back