Recommendations for camp site/Aires Lake Annecy (3 Viewers)

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Has anybody got any camp sites\aires they can recommend as near as possible to Lake Annecy, we want somewhere for a week close to the lake, not been before so any site would be great, and route down to lake, non tolls.
Many thanks

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
We stayed on the municipal campsite (I think)
Le Belvedere? It was close to the town but a walk down hill and then back up to the campsite. There was no pool but it’s closeness to the town won it for us as we were only there for 2 days to visit the town. Some pitches are smaller than others but I reserved online and they kept us a larger pitch!

There are other sites closer to the lake but further away from the town. If you have bikes some of these would be an easy cycle ride into the town.

As we had called in on our way back from skiing we went for a site closest to Annecy as we didn’t take the bikes.

As for the route we went on a non toll route there more or less but toll route back to Calais!! Can’t remember our exact routes now though!

Good Luck

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ooo have a lovely time you two.
We’d love to go there.
BnR Xxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Non-toll route is fantastic and fast via Belgium, Luxembourg, Metz, Nancy, Epinal, Vesoul, Besancon (loads of free aires and nice places to stop). Then you can go over the Jura mountains past Geneva (hilly but very scenic) or a flatter route via Oyonnax, or use the motorway for just that last section (expensive in a big rig).
Some of the nicest campsites are at the south end of the lake (Lac Bleu and Nubliere are great value, right on the lake, with lovely car free cycle routes to Annecy) but loads of others closer to the town.
I'm there every year paragliding ...... (y)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
If you can get on the Aire close to Annecy old town, you will be lucky. It’s s place we visit a lot. We managed to get a space, the last one in March 2017. Great location, but abused by overstayers.

My preference is the south end of the lake at Doussard. Camping international de lac blue.

Right on the lake, all facilities and you can safely cycle into annecy or take the boat in season.

TM

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Last Summer we stayed at Le Rives Du Lac. Right on the Lake with its own little beach area. Not sure if it is seasonal, but it is a nice site. Quite expensive, but Lakeside in the Summer, we had to pay up. It is alongside a cycle track which goes into town and all the way around and passed the town Aire, which as stated above was abused by the overstayers, but if you can get in, then it is only across the road to the lake and boat club. We came from Switzerland, so cannot give a good toll free route down, but Belgium - Luxembourg - Metz and so on seems the best route as above.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Last year we stayed at Lake Annecy on a Municipal site. Lovely site, few at warden but long walk to the lakeside. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. I don't think it was called La Belvedere but there were quite a few closer to the Lake.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We stayed at Camping l'Aloua, Sevrier (camper contact 24087)
Reasonably priced, close to the lake and cycle track, several supermarkets nearby, about 15min bike ride into Annecy itself.
https://www.camping-aloua-lac-annecy.com/en/

Jun 29, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 966M
Exp
since 2010
hi, we stayed on I'Aloua Sevrier a few years ago, was quite basic but right next to the cycle path which runs around the lake and straight into the town. Also supermarket a 5 min walk away. Stunning place, if you are there when its market day its amazing all sorts on offer.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
We go most years, Le Lac Bleu at Doussard is excellent also Rives Du Lac at Sevrier.
Both on the lake and opposite cycle route.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
AS Rob has said

Le Lac Bleu, Beautiful place with plenty of good sized pitches, I hope Italy comes up to scratch!

Andy
20170829_132657.jpg

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
I’m sure they do take acsi but not in June/July I wouldn’t think. As Andy says I’d check website or call them.

Rob

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
This was our pitch last year, we have had a pitch right next to the lake a couple of times
2E7C004E-1CD1-4069-8FD2-2675FB6EA2F8.jpeg
Hi @St piran have you used this site before? Is it close by to the lake, shops etc
It’s right on the lake, look at their website and go on the camping map and you’ll see the pitch numbers, choose from them but even the furthest pitches are only 50m or so from the lakeside.
There is a small supermarket next door and a bigger one at Doussard which is only a few mins on bikes or 15/20 mins on foot.
The cycle route is opposite the site and you can ride into Annecy with ease.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We tried to get on a site near Lake Annecy in September. The two we tried were full. You might be luckier in June though. :)

But from what we saw it is very popular and crowded. If this doesn't worry you then I'm sure you will enjoy it. We were just driving through the area so went elsewhere. For us one of the lesser Italian lakes such as Lago d'Iseo would be nicer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
This was our pitch last year, we have had a pitch right next to the lake a couple of times View attachment 207422
It’s right on the lake, look at their website and go on the camping map and you’ll see the pitch numbers, choose from them but even the furthest pitches are only 50m or so from the lakeside.
There is a small supermarket next door and a bigger one at Doussard which is only a few mins on bikes or 15/20 mins on foot.
Is this the Le Lac Bleu site @Rob Turner ? Pitch looks great, we are going with funsters friends, they have a Minnie Winnie rv, are the pitch sizes generous?

OP
OP
weekenders

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We tried to get on a site near Lake Annecy in September. The two we tried were full. You might be luckier in June though. :)

But from what we saw it is very popular and crowded. If this doesn't worry you then I'm sure you will enjoy it. We were just driving through the area so went elsewhere. For us one of the lesser Italian lakes such as Lago d'Iseo would be nicer.
We have done some of the Italian lakes, Garda, come, and lake Lucerne, never tried Lake Annecy thanks

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Is this the Le Lac Bleu site @Rob Turner ? Pitch looks great, we are going with funsters friends, they have a Minnie Winnie rv, are the pitch sizes generous?
Yes this is Le Lac Bleu, my van is 7.8m and I’ve had no problems, a bit tight on some pitches but never failed, seen tag axles too.
I’d book with the size of the mh and they’ll advise you. They speak good English so might be worth giving them a bell.

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp

We usually tour around France spending a few days in one spot then moving on. Never really planning anything in particular just see what happens. This has always served us well. Started my own business two years ago and other than some long weekends away in the UK not had a proper holiday. So the plan is to drive down over a couple of days and stay at Le Lac Bleu (booked) and chill for 8 days. Can’t bloody wait:D

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
This was our pitch last year, we have had a pitch right next to the lake a couple of times View attachment 207422

Oh yes (y)(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back