Just been marched out of the van at gunpoint! (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
So we are currently parked up at the rear storage yard of a large motorhome dealers just outside Paris. ( waiting for prep on new van whilst staying in ours)
They are now closed until Tuesday morning, but we have keys for the gates.
Earlier this evening we are startled by a loud rap at the door and French voices outside.
I peek out the window and see 2 dark clad figures. I grab my pick axe handle and turn the outside light on, and see what I believe to be 2 cops. When I open the door, they are both stood well back at different angles, and the one to my left is holding a pistol pointed towards me:eek:
It is very clear they want me to step out! By this time I have seen the uniforms and comply very promptly, still with a gun pointing in my general direction!

Anyway, long story short, staff at the hotel next door had seen lights going on and off ( mine) and seen people walking about the otherwise dark yard ( us and the dog!) which is full of a lot of high value stock, and knowing the dealership was closed and no one should be there, had called plod:D
They had climbed the fence and seen the light inside my van and assumed I was a villain :LOL:

Luckily one of them spoke English and all was soon sorted, and they were very glad I had the keys to let them out:D

Oh what fun:whistle:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
flipping heck good job you had your PJ's on if you didet that could have Ben interesting
bill

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
They didn’t get suspicious when you told them your name was Sharon then!!! Jajaja :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I think I know where Funsters can get hold of an extremely well priced motorhome or two... :whistle:

Be quick... offer ends by Tuesday.

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Black clad figures, hope you asked to see ID
images

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Probably glad you weren’t buying in America Dave.

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
I wonder if the Paris police might be a bit on edge what with the terrorists using vans and trucks as weapons?Glad you're safe lt could have been so much worse.hope your new vans a belter!

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I got stopped by German police this summer . A local saw me taking photos of my old army barracks in Germany ,reported me because the barracks is now a police station !!! And they thought I was casing the joint ??? Thank god for the English Channel !

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I take it you didn’t get out of the van with the pick axe handle then?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Good job you answered the door or they may of "ram raided you".. :giggler::giggler:
You can laugh now but must have been scary though at the time

Glad all ended well

Kath xx

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I wonder if the Paris police might be a bit on edge what with the terrorists using vans and trucks as weapons?Glad you're safe lt could have been so much worse.hope your new vans a belter!

The average motorhome would explode into pieces just by mounting the kerb!
Pedestrians are quite safe from terrorists in motorhomes.:D

D

DL42846

Deleted User
So we are currently parked up at the rear storage yard of a large motorhome dealers just outside Paris. ( waiting for prep on new van whilst staying in ours)
They are now closed until Tuesday morning, but we have keys for the gates.
Earlier this evening we are startled by a loud rap at the door and French voices outside.
I peek out the window and see 2 dark clad figures. I grab my pick axe handle and turn the outside light on, and see what I believe to be 2 cops. When I open the door, they are both stood well back at different angles, and the one to my left is holding a pistol pointed towards me:eek:
It is very clear they want me to step out! By this time I have seen the uniforms and comply very promptly, still with a gun pointing in my general direction!

Anyway, long story short, staff at the hotel next door had seen lights going on and off ( mine) and seen people walking about the otherwise dark yard ( us and the dog!) which is full of a lot of high value stock, and knowing the dealership was closed and no one should be there, had called plod:D
They had climbed the fence and seen the light inside my van and assumed I was a villain :LOL:

Luckily one of them spoke English and all was soon sorted, and they were very glad I had the keys to let them out:D

Oh what fun:whistle:

Good to see the Gendarme are still on form when it comes to investigating possible robberies.
A couple of years ago there was an incident on the London underground. Some guy banishing a machete. The British police were called and they closed the underground station for two and a half hours whilst they dealt with the incident.
A similar thing happen on the Paris Metro about a year ago. The police were called, They shot him. The incident was dealt with in 20 minutes. I don't think the station was closed during the incident. Not saying which I think is right, but just to highlight they don't mess about in France.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Was once marched off my coach at gunpoint by a gendarme (probably because I argued with him!) I'd broken down and wanted to stay with the vehicle while it was repaired and my passengers continued on a replacement coach.

True, they don't mess about in France!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I got stopped by German police this summer . A local saw me taking photos of my old army barracks in Germany ,reported me because the barracks is now a police station !!! And they thought I was casing the joint ??? Thank god for the English Channel !

Good to hear the local person was on the ball and reported what appeared to be suspicious, the security services can only do do much and need the support and assistance of the general public. Better innocent people get stopped and checked to prevent terrorism.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back