New water pump needed? (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Found at leak my pump is leaking from the connectors.(or diaprham from what I am told) I noticed floor was wet cleaned it up. Then noticed a small puddle on floor at front of water tank. Looked into it further and it appears the pump is dropping into the recess in the middle of the tank onto the seat bracket which is attached to the floor and rolling forwards under water tank.
My pump is shurflo 2095 204 112
These are 50 squid on ebay
Seen others 2095 204 412 which I understand is just newer model for same price.
Looks easy enough to replace.
Anyone else had same issues?
Btw it's on a Rapido 9097F 2009

Attachments

• IMG-20180106-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180106-WA0002.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 58
  • 20180106_132132.jpg
    20180106_132132.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1515247880265.jpg
    IMG_1515247880265.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 50

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Take the head off and clean it all up Vaseline the rubber seals and it should be sorted, the calcium deposits get into the seal and creep through then the water follows.

Martin

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Take the head off and clean it all up Vaseline the rubber seals and it should be sorted, the calcium deposits get into the seal and creep through then the water follows.

Martin
Thanks will try that if don't work then new pump at least an easy fix

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
While you're at it, the pump should be fixed down....not rattling about free.
Obviously you can't screw it to the tank so a blob of sikaflex on the feet then pressed down should do the job.
That is a really poor installation....the pump should be vertical with the motor uppermost to prevent any internal leaks (worn shaft seals) getting into the motor.

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Thanks will try that if don't work then new pump at least an easy fix

Also if getting new pump from eBay or thereabouts check on manufacturing date as these pumps normally cost about £90 new and some of the the eBay shisters buy up old stock for buttons then sell for about £50 area to unsuspecting punters and you may be getting very old stock, some marked 2008 even, so brand new and unused but 10 years old!!!!!!!! You have been warned
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@Jagtazman just seen your post on the Rapido group :D
I’ve been asking about the extra heater fitted to Merc chassis (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Also if getting new pump from eBay or thereabouts check on manufacturing date as these pumps normally cost about £90 new and some of the the eBay shisters buy up old stock for buttons then sell for about £50 area to unsuspecting punters and you may be getting very old stock, some marked 2008 even, so brand new and unused but 10 years old!!!!!!!! You have been warned
Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Would the age matter if the pumps have been kept in reasonable conditions?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
While you're at it, the pump should be fixed down....not rattling about free.
Obviously you can't screw it to the tank so a blob of sikaflex on the feet then pressed down should do the job.
That is a really poor installation....the pump should be vertical with the motor uppermost to prevent any internal leaks (worn shaft seals) getting into the motor.
It’s bolted to the tank with 4 hex head bolts from what I can see, and I have only even seen them installed flat, there is no pump shaft seal as the motor drives the wobbly diaphragm directly.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It’s bolted to the tank with 4 hex head bolts from what I can see, and I have only even seen them installed flat, there is no pump shaft seal as the motor drives the wobbly diaphragm directly.

Martin
I saw the bolts also but the op said the pump was dropping into the recess and rolling under the tank.
And if the diaphragm splits where does the water go.....past the diaphragm, down the shaft and into the motor.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I saw the bolts also but the op said the pump was dropping into the recess and rolling under the tank.
And if the diaphragm splits where does the water go.....past the diaphragm, down the shaft and into the motor.
I read dropping as in drip/drop, if the diaphragm leaked (never heard of it) I imagine there is a drain slot in the casing but can’t remember now, if not it would most likely pressure up into the motor whichever way it was fitted, if I had some decent internet I would check the fitting instructions.

Martin

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016

I read dropping as in drip/drop, if the diaphragm leaked (never heard of it) I imagine there is a drain slot in the casing but can’t remember now, if not it would most likely pressure up into the motor whichever way it was fitted, if I had some decent internet I would check the fitting instructions.

Martin
If you look at the first pic you will see my hand and and of finger. Where my finger is is where it is dripping.
Hope that makes sense

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I am really impressed that you don't carry a spare water pump at all times.

I can picture it now, either .........

1. " Darling, I'm sorry you can't have a shower and wash your hair the water pump has gone phuttttt" = Possible physical damage to self.

OR

2. " Darling, I'm sorry you can't have a shower and wash your hair the water pump has gone phuttttt. Can you give me five minute's to switch it over with the spare" = Many brownie points earned, to be cashed in at some suitable point later.

:):D:D2:LOL:(y);):cool::love::sneaky::X3::p:smiley::happy:::bigsmile::winky::coolest::devil::tounge::angel::makeup::giggler::nod::nod::clap::gum:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you look at the first pic you will see my hand and and of finger. Where my finger is is where it is dripping.
Hope that makes sense
If it a leak on the body/head joint it would be away from your hand where the screws go through to the motor can, if your finger and the drip is at the end of the pump head assembly (the black bit) then it sounds like it could be the pressure switch diaphragm, still worth a good taking apart and if all the rubbers look OK I would just put it back clean and try it.

Here is a schematic of a 3 chamber model which will be very similar to yours, the square bit on the end of the body is the pressure switch.

http://www.groveproducts.co.uk/medias/documents/grove/cata/BIZ1801 Spares Shurflo.pdf

Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
If it a leak on the body/head joint it would be away from your hand where the screws go through to the motor can, if your finger and the drip is at the end of the pump head assembly (the black bit) then it sounds like it could be the pressure switch diaphragm, still worth a good taking apart and if all the rubbers look OK I would just put it back clean and try it.

Here is a schematic of a 3 chamber model which will be very similar to yours, the square bit on the end of the body is the pressure switch.

http://www.groveproducts.co.uk/medias/documents/grove/cata/BIZ1801 Spares Shurflo.pdf

Martin
Thanks you are spot on with diagnostic. Will try your fix. If it is that thou and clean dog work just as easy to get new pump at 50 as the replacement part is 30.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks you are spot on with diagnostic. Will try your fix. If it is that thou and clean dog work just as easy to get new pump at 50 as the replacement part is 30.
With a bit of luck it will just clean up but your right if it needs parts you might as well go the whole hog and get a new on.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back