Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Help i am now totally out of my depth here.

Been looking for a DVD recorder player and now it seems you can have hard drive recorders but can you have them combined as till now not seen them.

I take it the one belown is one?

Multi DVD recording: DVD+/-R/RW. Progressive scan. Simultaneous record and play (HDD). Easy recording - graphical navigation. Fast copying from the HDD to your DVDs. You can record on to all different formats possible. SCART sockets. 160Gb HDD for a maximum of 477 hours recording. H 2.1, w 16.9, d 10.8in. LG ELECTRONICS helpline: 0870 873 5454.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Help i am now totally out of my depth here.

Been looking for a DVD recorder player and now it seems you can have hard drive recorders but can you have them combined as till now not seen them.

I take it the one belown is one?

The answer to the question is yes it is 1:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
From the spec extract it sounds very like that type of unit. Have you got an image link?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi John, the answer is yes. We bought a Tevion from Aldi some time ago half the price of the local shops. 80 gig hard drive and all the bells and whistles. As we have sky (freesat) and a "K" ariel we can record from sky via "scart" while watching another program on "freeview" Brilliant piece of kit. ::bigsmile:

Keith and Debs

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
In Our RV
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
3 Years
yep thats one ok

We have a hdd/dvd recorder and its a great bit of kit. you can watch the hard drive whilst recording to it or watch the dvd whilst recording to hard drive or vice versa...

also gives you the ability to pause live tv so you can go make a cuppa / open a bottle of wine whenever you want to...

Keith N debs

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I am getting my Xmas presents in early to save the family buying me sock and hankies instead:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Why do you want a DVD recorder?

If it is for the 'van why not consider an Archos. We have one with a 30 gig hard drive which is perfect for our needs but they also do larger models with 80 gig.

For those who haven't seen one it is a hard drive with a small screen (either like ours 4.5" or 7"). It can be used to store music, video, and photos and can record from the tv/sky/freeview box and other scources depending on the model (some have a built in freeview tuner) and then played back through a tv or computer / laptop. For the space / weight conscious it is agreat piece of kit.

We have all our photos on it as well as about 80 cds plus we record about 20 movies before setting off on long trips. The picture quality is great (uses AVI format) and as there is a lot of music on it we can play that back using the cab radio whilst on the move - a very versatile piece of kit!

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Road Runner. Yes thats right, all combined. We bought one out of Currys several months ago with similar spec to above. Ours is a Lite on. It comes with a huge manual that on first look makes it seem grossly over technical.
In reality once over the initial swearing and headbanging session it all clicks into place and is really so simple to operate even my missus has grasped how to operate it (better than me actually) and shes one who gets ratty if I even dare suggest she changes her mobile phone from the simplest Nokia to one slightly more advanced with a camera on.
We use it to record films and documentaries on the hard drive which we either watch or record onto a DVD for watching in the M/H at a later date when we might be out of Sky range on the sat dish. I think we paid around £250 for ours.
Being a bit of a gadget freak I have gone one slightly better than this recently. I invested in a £34 USB tv card for my new Vista Laptop. This has tuned in all our analogue terrestial channels + all my sky channels and as an added bonus and I still dont know how I achieved it all the Freeview channels (through our ordinary aerial on the RV roof) that I had been unable to access before. I have coupled this with one of the new generation MINI portable hard drives ( 250 gb) that I discovered in PC World a couple of weeks ago. With this combination DVDs are a thing of the past. The portable hard drive is so small it fits into my inside jacket pocket. Only drawback with recording television programmes off the laptop is that you can only tune into one channel at a time so you either have to watch what your recording or do it in the background whilst working on the laptop.
I use my laptop as a second tv while away in the van because the missus is addicted to every soap imaginable and keeps the main set tied up.
All this technology is starting to do my head in trying to keep up with it all and get the better of it.. Being a sixty year old like a lot of others on the forum we never had the benefit of computers in our younger years like todays youth. I'm just obsessed with trying to get the better of the little s-its :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
It's arrived today and set up as far as I can go.

Now in the area we are there is no digital TV so use Sky free to air.

Question? can I use it through the Sky box in the same manner as digital Freeview recording one programme while viewing another?

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Don't think so John...

Your sky box sends it's picture out to your recorder and so can't send another, different, picture to your telly...

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Don't think so John...

Your sky box sends it's picture out to your recorder and so can't send another, different, picture to your telly...

Thanks that what I thought:winky:

Still be able to use other fuctions:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back