Can't find a site... (1 Viewer)

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
I cannot find a site with available pitches (hook up) for the Easter weekend,:cry: anywhere in Hampshire, Somerset or Dorset. Is this usual?

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
If you're looking at club sites, I think it is quite normal. Lots of people treat Easter weekend as the start of the season and all head out on their first outing this year. Also you find commercial sites may have a minimum number of nights at bank holiday weekends. If you are a member of one of the clubs, try looking for a CL or CS with hook-up, you may have more luck.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Have you tried Warren Farm or Holiday Resort Unity both at Brean Sands, Somerset.
Both are big sites and may have pitches available, may be expensive at Easter.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Caravan club members block book all their favorite sites then decide at the last min which if any to go to, silly system. Try CL's, or dare I say it wild camping. Good luck.
Don't forget we have lots of rallies at shows. so maybe see you at the Carmarthen Show in April.

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Try searching under www.ukcampsites.co.uk.

I was going to the New Forest and found two or three independent sites with hookups and space over Easter. But, they cheapest I could find was over £20 a night :Angry: - so we're going to Norfolk instead :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
I cannot find a site with available pitches (hook up) for the Easter weekend,:cry: anywhere in Hampshire, Somerset or Dorset. Is this usual?

Yes it is usual,I use to have great difficulty finding sites in Dorset in any Holiday period when I was organising Rallies for the Motorcaravan Club.

Try Freshwater park at West Bay, Bridport has its own Beach or Highlands End at Eype. Bridport on the Cliff top overlooking West Bay, both fairly large another being Bagwell Farm on the Abbottsbury to Weymouth road B3157 there is also West Bay Holiday Park right in the centre of the Harbour area off the roundabout at the far end, they have about 50 pitches in a terraced area right at the back of the site and it overlooks the harbour and site but quite a busy place.

Cost wise expect Holiday prices

Brian

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hussar

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Many thanks for all the suggestions guys. I have managed to book into a CL in a village called Duntish in Dorset, this will be my first time away in the M/H and I'm not sure what to expect. Hope it does'nt rain.:Smile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
You'll have a great time and this will be a good opportunity to get to know your MH, which will give you confidence for any further trips away.

Ivy

plasma

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Caravan club members block book all their favorite sites then decide at the last min which if any to go to, silly system. Try CL's, or dare I say it wild camping. Good luck.
Don't forget we have lots of rallies at shows. so maybe see you at the Carmarthen Show in April.

Good post ,and you are right.

Plasma.

dav b

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Norfolk/
Funster No
Exp
Several
block booking

its time cc stopped this system and charged a deposit this would stop the selfish greedy idiots who dont even turn up and give us genuine motor homers who do turn up a chance to get a site, dont think i will bother to renew next year unles cc do somthing to stop this selfish practice:cry::cry:

Oct 23, 2009
Anglesey North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2010
idont think i will bother to renew next year unles cc do somthing to stop this selfish practice:cry::cry:

Same here, bloody stupid system.
I can't really see the point of having a fancy booking system if all you have to do is block up every site with bogus bookings then cancel if you don't fancy going.

Will not be taking membership up again

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again

have you tried joining the www.motorhomestopover.co.uk its only 30 pounds and they have a list of over 200 pubs that are close to towns that you can park up in their car parks which as long as you have a meal they dont charge you its worth a look some of them also have water and electric hook up for an extra 2.50 per night:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back