Motorhomes and Hair Straightners (1 Viewer)

creativeglenn

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
8 years
Hi everyone
The one thing that is preventing my Mrs going full time is being able to use her GHD hair straighteners (apparently perms are not in fashion) so IM well and truly clutching at straws here with my question.
While running the engine when not on a hook up will her Ladyship be able to use her hair straighteners if we get a decent pure sine wave inverter?
We have a 300w mastervolt at present but it seems that will not do the trick.
Looking at the prices its looking something like at least £600 for a 1000w mastervolt inverter.
Any ideas or suggestions from anyone with a similar experience apart from a perm lol.:cry:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Get an RV with a proper genny , that'l run the hair straighteners :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

creativeglenn

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
8 years
Thanks guys.
Two questions.
My Mrs has some gas straighteners and although cheap are useless ones so do the expensive ones actually work?
Would an inverter with the engine running not be just like running a genny anyway?
Couldn't afford to run the RV though lol

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
My wife loves hers they cost about £80ish i think. The invertor method is not the easiest solution to your problem and very expensive. Far cheaper to buy a small genny and it will give you the backup of emergency power if needed :thumb:

Get a set of gas straigteners from Amazon and if she doesnt like em....send em back for a full refund!! ::bigsmile:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
my mrs takes some skinny ones simlar to Link Removed they work on our 300w inverter she says they are mens ghd's, her normal ones wont work, and she says it take a bit longer to do her hair with them.
so thats 2 hours instead of 1:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Crumbs! A cheaper way is to remind her that there are THOUSANDS of women out here who would just LOVE to have to straighten our hair. I can sit with curlers in for hours and it is still straight as a dye. Tell her I for one am envious of her... can she not get a style which would really compliment her curly hair. I am sure it is really lovely. We just never seem to be happy with what we have do we ..... that's our prerogative as a woman.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looking at the prices its looking something like at least £600 for a 1000w mastervolt inverter.

Some people always do things the hard way.

Attachments

• bald.jpg
    bald.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 20

drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I've just checked my wife's GHD's and they are 150W so any inverter that is able to support this should be fine.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
I am, of course, a mere male.

Can anyone please explain, on just one side of the paper, why half of the female population wants its hair straightened, and the other half wants its hair curled?

There are plenty of male Funsters who would love to have this as the major problem in their lives... look at some in the rogue's galleries on the left.

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
Try telling your good lady to stop eating her crusts, carrots, assorted greens and whatever else my Granny said would make my hair curl.

And come on Imprint....
Do you know of any woman who's perfectly happy with whatever the good lord gave her?
Let's get real here.....
:RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can anyone please explain, on just one side of the paper, why half of the female population wants its hair straightened, and the other half wants its hair curled ?

and 100 % of the male population couldn't give a toss either way ... :Doh:

Our daughter, who has beautiful thick long curly hair, has been trying to straighten hers.. there is no talking her out of it ..

it defies logic..

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I long ago came to the conclusion with women they want the opposite to what they have got.

End of story

Dave :thumb:

Camporbust

Free Member
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
So, lots of Women want to straighten it, lots want it curly. The rest probably want it a different colour.
The blokes don't care what the Women do and would just be grateful for something of their own to comb in the first place (me included).

My OH curls hers so much it is starting to fall out, so at least she'll see it from my side soon!

Funny old world :Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I long ago came to the conclusion with women they want the opposite to what they have got.
Dave :thumb:

And judging from the sights I've seen whilst working Blackpool those that have a mirror only ever look at it's frame.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi everyone
The one thing that is preventing my Mrs going full time is being able to use her GHD hair straighteners (apparently perms are not in fashion) so I'M well and truly clutching at straws here with my question.
While running the engine when not on a hook up will her Ladyship be able to use her hair straighteners if we get a decent pure sine wave inverter?
We have a 300w mastervolt at present but it seems that will not do the trick.
Any ideas or suggestions from anyone with a similar experience apart from a perm lol.:cry:

Never mind a 1000w mastervolt inverter ( what ever that is:Blush: )

You need a good generator, that would run everything you need , when you don't have hook up ........
Maybe a very nice red , as new , very powerful but very quiet Honda EU20i .
Like the one were selling in classifieds :winky:
I'm a GHD girl too !
Bev

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Being of the 'straight as a stair rod' persuasion I have to say I'd cry a lot if my Braun gas curling brush ever pops its clogs.

Would you gents believe that to create the correct angle of verticality (is that a word?) in the hairstyle in the picture - I still had to use the ruddy thing!!!!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You're right there, Sedge. I'm glad I don't fly. Someone told me you can't take them on airoplanes!!!!:whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back