Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
dose any one know of a camping spot as near to the sea (prefered),river or lake as poss dont mind if its wildcamping or campsite and about 1-2 hrs drive from blackburn, thanks tommy

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
As long as you promise not to tell anybody, our favourite site is Cae Ddu, near Towyn - I'm sure that's within your timeframe.

Go to Google Map and enter 52.633089,-4.118629 but keep it quiet!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/21715-camping-spot-near-water.html#post2

have a look around ribblesdale, trout beck, boland and down to the coast south of lancaster loads and beautyful this time of the year

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
As long as you promise not to tell anybody, our favourite site is Cae Ddu, near Towyn - I'm sure that's within your timeframe.

No chance in 1/2 hour

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I thought it was 1 to 2 hours!! Soz!

Sorry it should be me apologising I think your right its 1 to 2 hours.
ooops my fault. :Blush:

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07

this looks perfect but its a 3hr drive and my mrs needs to be back sunday for a wedding, but i will bookmark it for another weekend, thanks tommy

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
When's it for Tommy? I only ask because there's the CCC site at Edisford Bridge (Clitheroe) right on the river Ribble, but it doesn't open until 25th March.

Failing that what about wilding in the middle of the Trough of Bowland, big layby type thing about half way though under the trees. You're not supposed to camp there, but I doubt you'd get picked up for it, not exactly a raging torrent of a river but a beck nonetheless!

Edit: Don't forget there's Southport CC site, or even Pleasureland carpark, both right next to the coast but still 50 miles from the sea!!!

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
When's it for Tommy? I only ask because there's the CCC site at Edisford Bridge (Clitheroe) right on the river Ribble, but it doesn't open until 25th March.

Failing that what about wilding in the middle of the Trough of Bowland, big layby type thing about half way though under the trees. You're not supposed to camp there, but I doubt you'd get picked up for it, not exactly a raging torrent of a river but a beck nonetheless!

Edit: Don't forget there's Southport CC site, or even Pleasureland carpark, both right next to the coast but still 50 miles from the sea!!!

its for this weekend i just fancy a relaxing weekend because ive broke my ribs and bruised my lungs mountain biking up gisburn forest (we stayed at tosside, hartleys farm we use it quite often) and i find sitting by the sea just chills me out:Smile:

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Southport's not a bad bet then & it's only 45 mins from you.

Sorry to go OT but haven't been into Gisburn yet on the bikes, I believe it's pretty good (not that I'm a mental biker, more a mental runner!), & also tried to get on Hartleys a couple of times but it's been booked albeit in the summer, is it worth a visit?

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Southport's not a bad bet then & it's only 45 mins from you.

Sorry to go OT but haven't been into Gisburn yet on the bikes, I believe it's pretty good (not that I'm a mental biker, more a mental runner!), & also tried to get on Hartleys a couple of times but it's been booked albeit in the summer, is it worth a visit?

we use alberts (hartleys farm) all the time i ride up gisburn most weekends and also help building some of the trails, the site has very good showers and toilets very clean, there is a pond for fishing in thats £5 for the duration of your stay. pitches are both grass and hardstanding @£12 per night with ehu, the dog and partridge it 5 mins walk and the food there is really good, well worth a look i would say

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back