Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Anyone any knowledge of a small gas barbecue? We don't have loads of storage, not for large items, anyway, but would like to take one on our trip to France in May.

Seasoned MHers will know that standard barbecues are not welcome on many sites in France (and Spain I guess) but allow gas barbecues.

If we are to get one, we will need to get the MH in for some work to fit an exterior gas point.

Regards

Steve

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
Depends how small you want. This is quite nifty:

Link Removed

You will probably find it cheaper if you shop around, and it's very portable, so you can take it to the beach or wherever & don't need the umbilical from the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Get one of these. They fold up and stow MUCH better than a Cadac. What you save over the cadac will keep you in BBQ meat for two years. They are surprisingly good for £20 we used one for years, no scrubbing afterwards. Cadacs, cook well, but they are not easy to erect when under the influence. And the cleaning!!!! I will only use the Cadac if the kids are there to clean it. . Loads of people will tell you how easy they are to clean, just a wipe with a damp cloth, don't believe them. I like a beer during and after a BBQ and having to spend ages cleaning it afterwards ruins the occasion for me. You just have to light this one, burn off the burger and fat from the last outing and your ready to go::bigsmile:

2002114_w.jpg

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Sorry to cross swords with the Matser of the Universe, Jim Lad, but we think the Cadac is pretty well unbeatable as a general cooking tool.

That said, my cooking involves eating, Fairy liquid and tea-towels. I'm pretty well stuffed, and the Senior Partner, is, well, pretty. Everyone happy.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i use cadac aswell packs away in to a bag nice and tidy and has lots of room to cook plenty on it:thumb:

OP
OP
steveclecy

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Get one of these. They fold up and stow MUCH better than a Cadac. What you save over the cadac will keep you in BBQ meat for two years. They are surprisingly good for £20 we used one for years, no scrubbing afterwards. Cadacs, cook well, but they are not easy to erect when under the influence. And the cleaning!!!! I will only use the Cadac if the kids are there to clean it. . Loads of people will tell you how easy they are to clean, just a wipe with a damp cloth, don't believe them. I like a beer during and after a BBQ and having to spend ages cleaning it afterwards ruins the occasion for me. You just have to light this one, burn off the burger and fat from the last outing and your ready to go::bigsmile:

2002114_w.jpg

Ever one to save a few pounds (sterling, not Troy), this looks interesting. What is it called? Any idea where they can be found? (other than your MH!)

Steve

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Link Removed

The person that wrote this has a sense of humour, it looks a nifty bit of kit though

The one jim showed is a gas tabletop bbq (most camping/outdoor shops sell them) and they are good for bbqing i have one, i also have the compete cadac kit as this will cook everything from the bbq to a roast chicken and paella or a good english breakie

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I wrote that. What's so amusing about it? It's light, compact & the gas lasts for ages.

A fun and practical alternative to a traditional stove or barbecue. This innovative multi-functional stove can do anything - from grilling to griddle cooking on a non-stick plate to flame cooking. (Ideal for drying seat of pants after stargazing in wet field whilst overtired and emotional).

Cleaning, storage and transport are all made easy as the Party Grill includes a fat collection tank, (high cholesterol dripping butties at a dunk) a detachable grid, lid-lock system and removable legs. (great for unblocking Portaloo).

Other features include, an Easy Clic canister connection, immediate heat control, piezo ignition. Boil time approx. 6 minutes for 1 litre. Operates off Campingaz CV270 and CV470 resealable cartridges. Weight: 2500g; Power 1350 watts (will double as Hubble telescope with requisite amount of Margarita imbibed).

as stated a good sense of humour

johngee

Free Member
Aug 19, 2009
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2009
A fun and practical alternative to a traditional stove or barbecue. This innovative multi-functional stove can do anything - from grilling to griddle cooking on a non-stick plate to flame cooking. (Ideal for drying seat of pants after stargazing in wet field whilst overtired and emotional).

Cleaning, storage and transport are all made easy as the Party Grill includes a fat collection tank, (high cholesterol dripping butties at a dunk) a detachable grid, lid-lock system and removable legs. (great for unblocking Portaloo).

Other features include, an Easy Clic canister connection, immediate heat control, piezo ignition. Boil time approx. 6 minutes for 1 litre. Operates off Campingaz CV270 and CV470 resealable cartridges. Weight: 2500g; Power 1350 watts (will double as Hubble telescope with requisite amount of Margarita imbibed).

as stated a good sense of humour

Sorry! I've just deleted my post - me being thick:Blush:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we have the Cadac Safari Chef, :Smile: one thing I like is they catch all the fat, just wipe it out with kitchen Roll and wash.::bigsmile: Bob.

See here: Link Removed

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
Ive just bought an O grill and stand, not cooked on it yet but its looks the mutts nuts, i will update after easter weekend when were back from the new forest

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/O-Grill-3000-Portable-Carry-O-Tool/dp/B001GGBFT2[/ame]
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
We bought a BILLYOH quite a few years ago, its excellent, ours looks like this, the side shelves slide in and legs collapse, piezo lighter button, its great:

Link Removed

Heres one exactly the same on ebay, except ours cost £35:
Link Removed

I am not sure if its obsolete now, this is all I can find online at the moment , maybe an updated version except ours runs off normal gas bottles and has a non solid grill

Link Removed

:thumb:

WESTERNSTAR1

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
THREE YEARS
THE CADAC SAFARI CHEF IS TRULY THE ROLLS ROYCE OF BARBEQUES.
ITS SO ADAPTABLE WITH ALL ITS ACCESORIES.
BOUGHT OURS NEARLY NEW OFF FLEABAY TWO YEARS AGO AND ITS FAB.
WE EVEN USE IT AT HOME WHEN WE ARE NOT IN THE CAMPER!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We use the same one as Jim , we also buy large aluminium trays from lidl which fit purfect inside the BBQ about £1-99p for 10, catches all the grease then throw away.

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The easiest way to get all the gunk off Cadac griddle plates is, once you've finished cooking, turn off the gas, poor on some water and it will bubble away (stand well back as it can spit!), it will loosen all the stuck on stuff, then a wipe over with kitchen roll and job's a good-un!::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We Bought a cadac at the glasgow show haven't used it yet but it is a table top one and fits in a tidy bag and under our seat will have a look tomorrow to see what model it is. Looks the same as ones in the links but has no legs and can be used as an oven also.

Gerry

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
barbeque

we also have a cadac,great piece of kit,wouldnt go anywhere without it :winky:anyone who knows my wife Jo and the amount she cooks when we are away will know how strong and reliable the cadac has to be:thumb: regards brian jo & josh

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Had a Cobb BBq for years & thought it was great (bit expensive though) now have a Cadac Safari Chef, packs away small, is quick & esy to set up. Controllable heat which the Cobb wasn't.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

2002114_w.jpg

Agree with Jim. I had one of these for years, minimal cleaning needed and manages to burn things just like proper charcoal:winky:

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Would people recommend the LP or the HP for the Cadac? How much cooking to you get out of the HP cans?

Cheers
Jon

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Would people recommend the LP or the HP for the Cadac? How much cooking to you get out of the HP cans?

Cheers
Jon

I would do what we did get the LP version you already carry that gas with your truck, why go for a different medium.?

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
I would do what we did get the LP version you already carry that gas with your truck, why go for a different medium.?

Thanks. I do have an LPG outlet on my Mclouis van, what kind of connector do I need?

Thanks very much

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back