Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Try Halfords. As well as the somewhat underpowered usual 12V types they do some higher powered rechargeable and 12V models. We brought one for about £80 which is good for keeping the carpets reasonably clear of dried mud, sand and grass during a trip. Never going to be as good as the Dyson though :roflmto:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
No can't beat a good old dustpan and brush.

Dave :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
low wattage = low power= (in a vacuum) low suction.

take two or three times longer to do half a job.

for the actual use it will get buy a regular hoover.

ours is 1700w and even that struggles with dog hairs etc.

Upvote 0

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
is there any hoovers available that workof low wattage

bought one (12v) 2 weeks ago very poor suckion, use my house hold hoover in the end did the job 10 times faster Don't waste your money.

Upvote 0

CraigHarris

Free Member
Mar 17, 2010
Caerphilly, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
< 2
I have a battery operated vacuum cleaner - it's a Ryobi one which uses the same battery as their 18V drills and other tools. You can pick them up reasonably cheaply, the battery lasts a while ands it more powerful than I've ever needed.

You may also want to look at alternative rechargeable ones over low wattage mains / 12V options.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
is there any hoovers available that workof low wattage

do you mean low voltage ie 12v

or low wattage

If you mean low wattage mains, here is small cylinder vacuum cleaner at 800 watt / 230v
Link Removed

Link Removed

IMO this will be far better than any 12v machine,, the ones I've tried couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding :roflmto:

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We have tried a number of 'low wattage' mains cleaners and also the best in 12volt - all lack one thing - suction - we bought a Dyson Animal at a show a few years back - perfect - charges up quickly on EHU and has good suction the version we have has a powered beater bar and cleans up anything - expensive I grant but works out cheaper than the long line of useless ones we have tried.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Airwatts ?

Never heard of this unit before until I saw it on a vacuum cleaner spec.. so had to look it up to see what it meant ..

An airwatt or air watt is a unit of power very close to the watt which is used for various vacuum cleaning systems, such as vacuum cleaners. The airwatt is derived from English units. ASTM International defines the airwatt as 0.117354 * F * S, where F is the rate of air flow in ft3/m and S is the pressure in inches of water. This makes one airwatt equal to 0.9983 watts. [1]
The airwatt is useful measurement of vacuum power, since the power carried by a fluid flow (in the case of a typical house vacuum the fluid is air) is equal to pressure times volumetric flow rate. This could be a more useful figure than the electrical power drawn by the vacuum system's motor, since the efficiency of motor and vacuum systems varies.

as they say.. we never stop learning..

Upvote 0

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I have a very good vacuum cleaner, low voltage, low wattage. only fuel she needs is a cup of tea every now & then. That is if she can find time to makle one for me!!!!.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back