Free Member
Aug 14, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I am hoping someone may be able to help in regards to the full cost of a French Vet for the Pet Passport scheme.
We have chosen a vets in Brezolles as it is near the Aires. The only trouble is, they want to charge us 60 Euros. The last time we took our dog about 4 years ago, it only cost 25 Euros (although we believe we were lucky to be charged so little). Is this what we should be paying these days?
Our dog is a normal sized Golden Retriever.

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/pets/21725-cost-french-vet.html#post263380

paid 28 eu last nov 09 in calais most ever paid in 5 years is 31eu

OP
OP
M

mgdav

Free Member
Aug 14, 2009
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Dragabed,
Thanks for yor reply. Is that price with the medications included?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
As in the uk the cost of a visit to the vets will be decided by how much that vet charges for the examination/consultation, meds will usually be a standard charge, so a vet charging €15 for consultation will be cheaper than a vet charging €25 etc. We always take our own flea/tick and wormer stuff for the dog from our own vets it complies with what has to be used with the passport scheme and have had no problems like french vets refusing to use them.

iluvmyrv

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
7 years
I am hoping someone may be able to help in regards to the full cost of a French Vet for the Pet Passport scheme.
We have chosen a vets in Brezolles as it is near the Aires. The only trouble is, they want to charge us 60 Euros. The last time we took our dog about 4 years ago, it only cost 25 Euros (although we believe we were lucky to be charged so little). Is this what we should be paying these days?
We have a German Shepherd and each time have been charged between 50-60 Euros including medication.The vets have always been very thorough with checking him oer as well.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Hi MgDav
This is what my English friend paid at our Vets in ST-POL-SUR-TERNOISE
for his return journey to England..........this was in March/April 2009.

30 euros for flea and Tick treatment (packet of three) Vet uses one
so you have two more to use for other journeys.

5 euros for worm tablets

12 euros for Vet consultation and filling in and stamping the
passport

TOTAL VET BILL..........was 47 Euros

I have heard a lot of vets if you have the right make of flea and tick treatment sachets (that they use)of your own and they are in date as they only have a date life of around 1 year, will use the ones you have....so if you could buy cheaper in England or you have any left over from your own vets you could always try and see if they will use them

Mel :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back