LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
If you are using ipad or mac you cant go far wrong with Garageband which comes included. Perfect for beginners to intermediate although i f you are serious about recording you will want to graduate to something more professional ( which will cost p rgessional money).
Garageband allows you to lay down backing tracks (bass, drums, keyboards, brass, strings etc) quite simply and without needing to be able to actually play any of those instruments.
You will heed a recording interface whatever hardware and software you decide to use. I have a Focusrite Scarlett which is mid-range price wise and does the job ok. It allows you to record to your computer direct from the guitar or from a microphone

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Play loudly enough and someone will record it as evidence for the police:xgrin:. Trying to learn to play at the moment , but the older I get , the less patience I have. Been trying off and on since I was 20 , now I'm 64 , if only I hadn't discovered lager and women I might have been another Clapton:xangry:.
John

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Logic Pro is fast becoming the standard for home studios. It's a fraction of the cost of ProTools and and lot easier to master for beginners.

Don't skimp on the AI either. You can get a 2 channel one for £50 but you really shouldn't bother. It will be obvious in everything you record. Focusrite make good kit at reasonable prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you are using ipad or mac you cant go far wrong with Garageband which comes included. Perfect for beginners to intermediate although i f you are serious about recording you will want to graduate to something more professional ( which will cost p rgessional money).
Garageband allows you to lay down backing tracks (bass, drums, keyboards, brass, strings etc) quite simply and without needing to be able to actually play any of those instruments.
You will heed a recording interface whatever hardware and software you decide to use. I have a Focusrite Scarlett which is mid-range price wise and does the job ok. It allows you to record to your computer direct from the guitar or from a microphone

Do you get on OK with Garageband? I'm not a massive fan.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Do you get on OK with Garageband? I'm not a massive fan.
Its good enough for what I need to do.
I am not into making studio quality recordings, just a matter of trying out different song arrangements, different key, different vocal approach to see what I think suits my voice best.
Its also dead easy to use.
I have put together some interesting backing tracks with bass, drums, strings, keyboards, horns etc. While the results will never fool anybody with a decent ear they are good enough to entrtain the average punter.
I will be using Garageband to record some demos with my new band so we can hawk ouselves round the local pubs and clubs to rustle up some gigs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back