Benidorm (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
anyone know of any wild camping spots around benidorm ?
Im on a great site at the mo but running out of money fast, here looking for work but its like a ghost town at night.
Im going to sniff out the one scotjim suggests at Alfaz.

bevo

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
north west
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
wild spot near bonkydorm

ther's an aries at albir (in alfaz district).
turn towards playa del albir at mc donalds on the n332.
1st exit at the lidl roundabout, turn right at next junction, and turn imediately right after macerdonna supermarket.
parking area on left behind the football pitches.
i guarantee it won't be quiet.

Last edited:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Take care if you are looking for work here if you no N.I.F number and not registered you could have problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Martinlay

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
Hi Wynnie

There's a wild camping spot about half an hour south of Benidorm, at El Campello, right on the beach. It's at the southern end of the main beach, accessed down an unmade road off the road between Campello and San Joan, just before you go over the bridge. I know of a couple more sites but they are even further from Benidorm, south of Alicante.
I am wintering at Santa Pola at present, just me and my old dog. Haven't managed to get round the Benidorm scene yet, apart from having lunch at the Queens Hotel about a month ago. Hope u get some gigs.
Good luck
Martin :thumb:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Last month I spent several nights on the seafront carpark at Albir next to the big new Art Gallery. There were about 6 camper vans and no problems, although I noticed broken windscreen glass on the floor near there, and in several other places around Albir. Apparently that is smash and grabs from cars when people leave valuables on display. If you go over by the far corner your van will be under security cameras from the Art Gallery. Albir is a pensioners place and much quieter than Benidorm, so it was nice and quiet at night, at least in January.

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
at albir yesterday , not allowed to even park at the car park mentioned on the front , police throwing out besides the football pitch which is currently a sea of mud

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
at albir yesterday , not allowed to even park at the car park mentioned on the front , police throwing out besides the football pitch which is currently a sea of mud

Thanks for the update.

There is a nice seafront spot about one mile north of Villajoyosa, and two miles south of La Cala beach where I parked for several nights last month. There are a few camper vans around there, although some apparently not occupied. I think those belong to local residents who park on that road because camper vans are too tall for the underground car park.
No broken glass around there, just lots of dog shit which people were complaining about on the local radio and demanding a dog warden to issue fines. So hopefully they will have cleaned that up by now.

You won't find it on the map unless your map is very recent because it has only just been built, so here is a photo I took last month.

Attachments

• one_mile_north_of_Villajoyosa.jpg
    one_mile_north_of_Villajoyosa.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 87
  • one_mile_north_of_Villajoyosa.2.jpg
    one_mile_north_of_Villajoyosa.2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Smile: Things seem a little easier for Wild Camping around the Albir area these days. We have seen lot's parked in various places that have been mentioned. Even though there are SIGNS all around the area stating NO CAMPING in the Municipal area. Probably due to the amount of bars/shops/restr etc that are empty or closing due to no customers. As for Jobs? You could always ask around the Bars on Calle Gerona (Brit Strip) about Props (Propoganda). Not well paid, but enough to live on. :thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Over the last few weeks we have noticed that there has been about 5 or 6 motorhomes in the cinema car park, (the street opposite the china garden restaurant). There has been some twin axle units in, but we haven't seen any american units, not sure if you would want to leave it there if you got a job though.Try green tours or blanket trips they often employ brits on a commision only basis[ask in round town office]:thumb:
Alan

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for those tips guys.
I work in entertainment I do a drag act and DJ/karaoke, self employed and an equity member so no problems there, just everywheres closed at the mo and the few that are open have the same old timers, I'm a few months early. Ah well.

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.

There is a spot for about 12 vans in Albir. It is behind the shops as you enter albir from benidorm.. It is the turning just by Mercadona. You can also park up on 2 of the oneway roads that run from the beach. Have a look round first before you take the van.

steve & ann. ----------- teensvan

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Is the little Rastro on the old N 332 on the way to Villajoyosa still going ? He was always amenable to a bit of long term parking in return for a bit of help. Maybe even do a bit of entertaining there on a Sunday.

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Over the last few weeks we have noticed that there has been about 5 or 6 motorhomes in the cinema car park, (the street opposite the china garden restaurant). There has been some twin axle units in, but we haven't seen any american units, not sure if you would want to leave it there if you got a job though.Try green tours or blanket trips they often employ brits on a commision only basis[ask in round town office]:thumb:
Alan

which cinema do you mean, google shows three none near the china garden ???

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hi.

There is a spot for about 12 vans in Albir. It is behind the shops as you enter albir from benidorm.. It is the turning just by Mercadona. You can also park up on 2 of the oneway roads that run from the beach. Have a look round first before you take the van.

steve & ann. ----------- teensvan

Just been out on me bike and got drenched looking for wild camping sites at Albir. The place by the art gallery now has a sign at the entrance by local police "NO CAMPERS" and couldnt find the one you mentioned teensvan ?
The one by the football pitch is empty but more like a pond at the mo.
I'll try villajose in a week or two. and the others south.
Just paid for another 2 nights at almafra for a glorified carpark space its more expensive than staying in an appartment the campsites in spain.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
If you are prepared to go that far our of Benidorm you might consider Javea. A lovely place with a large enough English contingent for an Iceland supermarket. There is a very big open space one block behind the seafront about two kilometers south of the harbour where lots of camper vans park free with no restrictions as far as I know. Its about 200 metres before you reach the big english cafe called 'Scallops. I parked there several nights last month with no problems at all.
(There are also camper vans parked along the seafront itself nearer the harbour end, but I don't know how noisy/safe that is)

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
cine colci

which cinema do you mean, google shows three none near the china garden ???

Hi
When you leave Amalfra head towards levante area past benidorm palace, hotel levante/hotel flamingo oasis/ after hotel melia take next right down calle de zamora ,cinema is about 100 mtres on right.
alternatively coming from albir towards large open market site turn right against the football practice grounds cinema 100 metres on left plenty of parking in that area for large vehicles.
hope this helps Alan

aprox coordinates. n38' 32.385' w006.390'

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
Hi Wynnie

There's a wild camping spot about half an hour south of Benidorm, at El Campello, right on the beach. It's at the southern end of the main beach, accessed down an unmade road off the road between Campello and San Joan, just before you go over the bridge. I know of a couple more sites but they are even further from Benidorm, south of Alicante.
I am wintering at Santa Pola at present, just me and my old dog. Haven't managed to get round the Benidorm scene yet, apart from having lunch at the Queens Hotel about a month ago. Hope u get some gigs.
Good luck
Martin :thumb:

Hi Martin Im leaving Benidorm soon and after a night or tow at el campello and a refuel at alicante Im comming to santa Pola. Where exactly do you mean ?

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.