Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
i want to do a spot of wild camping at the beginning of may does anybody know or stayed on the road between the railway line and the seawall i think there is a carpark at the end but i think its got height restictions
cheers col

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
norm ok along the prom most campers stay up the top end there :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Iv'e seen lots of peeps parking on the front. As far as I can see the only thing that may stop you is the low railway brdige that you have to drive under to get to the front.

Jim
:Smile:

Edit: I notice you said wild camping. Its not a thing I would do. It makes the place look like a tip, van doors wide open, kids spilling out and taking over the pavement while the adults sit in the van watching telly, people wandering across the road to the public toilets with towel, soap, shampoo etc etc, half empty cups of tea chucked out on to the pavement. Its not a very pleasant sight for those that are resident or are visting oin holiday.

Its just the sought of thing that brings in parking restricions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
no prob with the bridge my winnie goes under it

ohh we norm find the people chucking tea out are in cars and never seem to see motorhomers doing this as a rule not been to the puplic loos either with soap etc thats why theres a shower etc in the van to use :ROFLMAO: got no kids with us now all grown up but its good to see others enjoying themselves , the restrictions aply on the prom till you clear most of the resedential area and there is nothing up the top area ,if i dont have to pay i wont and only have the occasional night on sites which weve found ok over the years have fun give it a go :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
no prob with the bridge my winnie goes under it

ohh we norm find the people chucking tea out are in cars and never seem to see motorhomers doing this as a rule not been to the puplic loos either with soap etc thats why theres a shower etc in the van to use :ROFLMAO: got no kids with us now all grown up but its good to see others enjoying themselves , the restrictions aply on the prom till you clear most of the resedential area and there is nothing up the top area ,if i dont have to pay i wont and only have the occasional night on sites which weve found ok over the years have fun give it a go :thumb:

From what Iv'e seen most of the mh's stay down by the toilets and not at the top. Access to the toilets is why they all park there. They can also carry water over from the tap at the toilets.

They can't carry enough water to cook, wash and shower from the positions that their in thats why they hang out around the toilets.

The area around these mh's is a tip and I feel guilty when I walk past them. I cant see any pleasure in it, particularley when there's a campsite over the road.

The top and bottom of it is their to mean to pay for a campsite.

Each to their own.

Jim

OP
OP
S

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
thanks all for your replys (well not all) i think i will give it a go:thumb:

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
well that suprises me as not all folks do as you have whitnessed and have vans that can carry water etc look at yours that can do it and wondnt need to use a camp site and are not mean :ROFLMAO: i for one wont pay to stay at the campsite you are on about poss hendre mynach down the steep hill as it doesnt have anything i need its all in the van ,and not as near to the railway line either lol ,i do a lot of off site camping , thats why i got the van and not a tugger ,you could say the oppiste too if you dnt use it youll loose it ,but any way dont tar us all with the same brush as personal choice is a good thing ,and barmouth is a good place to use all year round and doesnt cost anything :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Why not try Shell Island, its just round the corner and at £35 per week wont break the bank.

OP
OP
S

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
thanks for the idea of shell island just been on the web site i think we will be giveing it a try..........
cheers col
ps anybody fancy joining us we are going mayday weekend

thestoneroller

Free Member
Oct 13, 2009
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
newbee
thanks for the idea of shell island just been on the web site i think we will be giveing it a try..........
cheers col
ps anybody fancy joining us we are going mayday weekend

Hi
Just a word of warning about shell island, :Eeek: if you fancy going there do not go on bank hols or school hols as the place is packed and you will have to que to get on, We have camped there in the past and it can get over crowded which makes an impact on the facilities if you know what i mean.
Youngsters drinking too much and alot of load getto blasters dont help either, Dont get me wrong though the beach and dunes are great for the kids but if we go now we avoid holiday times and try to find a quite spot away from the club house and use our own facilities. other than that well we have been to better places but we still go back there now and agian:Doh:.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I have just had a look at Barmouth on Google Street Maps and there are now signs up on the front saying No Overnight Sleeping.

Jim

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
One of the loveliest wild sites I've found is at the foot of the Rhinogs - go to Google map and enter 52.863385,-4.013207. There's a couple of piccies in our blog, here. , in the 21st August entry. Mind you, it's a bit narrow and twisty!

lisalou222

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Shrewsbury
Funster No
Exp
10 years.
Hi,
I stay in Barmouth often, was there Sunday night. Its fine to park up the top, by the toilets. I was moved on last year only once by police, but had no problems since. If you were to get moved on, theres a nice little layby a few miles out of the town (heading out towards Dolgellau way) theres always campervans in there.
You will have to pay now for parking, they brought that in last July, ggggrrrrrr, was free parking til then. But you can still park in the day for free, in the street oposite the seafront (hard to get a spot on there though) I always think its worth the £3.50 to have the sea view.

awc

Free Member
Nov 24, 2007
Funster No
Hi
Just a word of warning about shell island, :Eeek: if you fancy going there do not go on bank hols or school hols as the place is packed and you will have to que to get on, We have camped there in the past and it can get over crowded which makes an impact on the facilities if you know what i mean.
Youngsters drinking too much and alot of load getto blasters dont help either, Dont get me wrong though the beach and dunes are great for the kids but if we go now we avoid holiday times and try to find a quite spot away from the club house and use our own facilities. other than that well we have been to better places but we still go back there now and agian:Doh:.

I'd have to agree with stoneroller re shell island...

its a great place to camp... out of season.

in season; chav city :Sad:

Last time we were ther my missus compared it to a film.. Mad Max! (lawless:Eeek:)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We were there this weekend. signs on seafront saying no motorhomes after midnight or before 8am. We stayed on a cc site over looking shell island.

Would like to say thankyou to all motorhome owners who waved and signalled to us, alerting us to problems ahead:winky:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back