Southport for Easter (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years
I am going to Southport for easter stoppin on the Plesure beach car park if anybody fancies
coming pop over and say hello

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Paul, Don't know if you know, but if you don't want to stay in the car park ...... if you travel along the coast road that leads to Preston from Southport, when you get to the Wetland Bird observation place on your right, there is a little wild camp parking place on your left which looks out over the 'sea' (fifty miles away:Smile:) . If you have a dog you can walk on the grassy beach in front of you, or you can go for a little drive into Churchtown down the little road opposite the parking place and there are a couple of pubs that do meals (one cleaner and better than the other) and few little shops. May not be of help to you as I don't know what the Pleasure Beach place is like but also if you go in the other direction towards Ainsdale you can pay £3.50 for the day to stay on the beach and the man goes off at 6pm so you can stay on the beach overnight for that price too.... or for as many nights as you want as long as you don't drive off it. Regular occurrence for motorhomers. (Having a senior moment so will come back when I remember the clean pub's name and the name of the beach car park!!!:Doh:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Paul Just seen the length of your machine!!!!! It may not fit on the wild camp place!!:Smile:

Compass57

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Low line
Exp
2 years
Hi Paul, Don't know if you know, but if you don't want to stay in the car park ...... if you travel along the coast road that leads to Preston from Southport, when you get to the Wetland Bird observation place on your right, there is a little wild camp parking place on your left which looks out over the 'sea' (fifty miles away:Smile:) . If you have a dog you can walk on the grassy beach in front of you, or you can go for a little drive into Churchtown down the little road opposite the parking place and there are a couple of pubs that do meals (one cleaner and better than the other) and few little shops. May not be of help to you as I don't know what the Pleasure Beach place is like but also if you go in the other direction towards Ainsdale you can pay £3.50 for the day to stay on the beach and the man goes off at 6pm so you can stay on the beach overnight for that price too.... or for as many nights as you want as long as you don't drive off it. Regular occurrence for motorhomers. (Having a senior moment so will come back when I remember the clean pub's name and the name of the beach car park!!!:Doh:)

I’ve printed out your reply it was very welcoming because on the 26<SUP>th</SUP> to the 29<SUP>th</SUP> I’m planning on going to Southport after I have paid a visit to my new Partners brother and her son who both live near and in Oldham.
After visiting both of them we are planning to go to Wigan Pier and then onto Southport to stay one night there, thanks for your suggestions on where to park up.cheers.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Bip.:thumb: read my blog its worth the effort.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back