Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
im just wondering if anyone knows how long the shower lasts weve just bought a burstner argos 747 58 plate and am just worried that the shower wont be very long or hot enough any tips or suggestions anyone.as when im at home i spend ages in the shower thanks very much everyone:Doh::Doh::Doh::cry::cry::cry:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
You will soon learn that showering in a M/H is a art. You only have a limited amount of hot water. We have 130 ltr on board water. We can get 2 short showers each out of this.
You cant spend ages like at home.

Andy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
You will soon learn that showering in a M/H is a art. You only have a limited amount of hot water. We have 130 ltr on board water. We can get 2 short showers each out of this.
You cant spend ages like at home.

Andy

thanks for that looks like ill be in and out in a flash:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
shower

hi there mr.bond.it all depends on how much water you can carry:Doh:we have a fourwinds windsport with quite a large fresh water tank,that if used without wasteing will last us about 3days with 3 of us having a shower each night.you,ve just got to adapt accordingly.dont forget that when its coming out of the shower head its going down in the fresh water tank or aquaroll:ROFLMAO: regards brian jo & josh:thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thanks for that looks like ill be in and out in a flash:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

It's all part of the adjustment most of us make. Water/Electricity/Waste/Sewage are all a limited resource. Gas is relatively plentiful. Sewage is worst.

Shower technique is to be constantly switching on/off whilst having a good scrub. Shame really because it's a pretty decent shower.

Upvote 0

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
im just wondering if anyone knows how long the shower lasts weve just bought a burstner argos 747 58 plate and am just worried that the shower wont be very long or hot enough any tips or suggestions anyone.as when im at home i spend ages in the shower thanks very much everyone:Doh::Doh::Doh::cry::cry::cry:

If you've got a Truma water heater, my Burstner has, then you've got 12 litres of hot water. Plenty for a decent shower.:thumb:

Upvote 0

shell&tell

Free Member
Oct 5, 2008
Sth Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Shower on get wet, shower off suds all over inc hairif any, shower on and rinse off suds, enjoy for 20 secs, turn off shower or your gona get cold, dry off.

simple

tell

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
Shower on get wet, shower off suds all over inc hairif any, shower on and rinse off suds, enjoy for 20 secs, turn off shower or your gona get cold, dry off.

simple

tell
i think ill have one before i go and when i get back:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
You soon learn water conservation measures when you have finite supply and limited disposal facilities. When showering we somtimes collect the water in a bowl rather than to the tank I reckon we use about 3 to 4 litres each

Upvote 0

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Our hot water tank holds 10l which is more than enough for a shower.
Our shower head has a lttle lever on the top, so switch on the taps, set the temp, then use the lever on he shower head so water only comes out when you hold it down. Is that not a standard thing?

Upvote 0

marydot

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
NE coast
Funster No
Exp
caravanning for 22 years looking to get a MH
Shower on get wet, shower off suds all over inc hair if any, shower on and rinse off suds, enjoy for 20 secs, turn off shower or your gona get cold, dry off.

simple

tell[/QUOTE

Exactly how we do it - also use a facecloth, wrung out frequently, to take off most of the water before you use a towel, so the towel gets damp rather than soaking wet. An old Girl Guide water saving tip when washing hair is to pour shampoo into hands, spread it across palms, then apply to dry hair, rubbing well in before rinsing off. It works perfectly well.
However good your shower is, it's not like being at home, but it does the job.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back