LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well here at Totana Camperstop we generally have a steady turnover of Funster's staying, some a couple of days and others are long stay, nice people...we look forward to their arrival every year.
Well as some of you might know we take our fellow Funster's Walkies and Bikie's, and even Drinkie's, we expect nothing in return for our services, other than an offer to attend their van for perhaps a beer or a glass of wine, nice.
Well yesterday a group of Funster's were taken on a longer than usual bike ride, guided by me, that's what I do.
A beverage was needed about half way, I found the place and a kind Funster Stated, ITS OUR ROUND, a statement I remember from back in the days when we lived in the UK, right thought I, bring it on, and without haste coffee and a cake sort of thingy arrived for everyone, nice people these Funster's.
We ate the cake thingy and drank the coffee, and prepared for the next 30km of riding, I know how to give our clients value for money, that's what I do.
We set off, uphill, and fully refreshed, and fully grateful to our fellow Funster for their generous offer to pay for our midday stop, everybody happy, Indeed.
Our route completed, everyone satisfied, sure, we go our separate ways, some to vans and us to our house. Nice people these Funster's...nice.
Settling down for the evening of Spanish Scrabble and Champions league Football, jumarartoo and I received a message from one of the Nice Funster's that had joined us on our bike ride, must be another message of thanks, we get many of those....as you would expect.
Martin........I FORGOT TO PAY FOR THE COFFEE AND CAKE AT OUR MIDDAY STOP.....Crikey thought I, am I known at this bar, I have been here before, YES, can I return, NO.....so what now.....we are Spanish residents, we should know better, did they have CCTV.I think you better get back there ASAP and offer money, your body or anything else they request, and most of all. DON'T MENTION MY NAME. NICE PEOPLE THESE FUNSTERS.......NICE. Don't worry I will go tomorrow and sort it for you...These are this the things, I DO NOT DO>

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you replaced the word "honest" with "crafty" (or in good Scots "sleekit") in your title would it be more representative?:whistle::unsure:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
That my dear is why we never go cycling with Colin and Sandra, I mean Colin would do anything for anyone but that Sandra; need I say more, rough side of the tracks and all that. :wink:

Lurve ya really Sandra. @Armytwowheels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
download.jpg

No names were mentioned in the making of this thread!

Last edited:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Funny story fully understandable if the offender is a Yorkshireman, we are quick to offer and then reflect and quickly look for a way out of opening the purse. Just had a quick look at you .... oh err .... may well pop in and see you in the not too distant future .... but first .... need to know the details to book on a ride similar to the one you described .... but shorter .... and also with the kind offer from someone else to pay

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That my dear is why we never go cycling with Colin and Sandra, I mean Colin would do anything for anyone but that Sandra; need I say more, rough side of the tracks and all that. :wink:

Lurve ya really Sandra. @Armytwowheels
Why oh why do you assume I am involved with this?
Did I, or did I not, handle hundreds of pounds of rally fees for you. With grace, charm and a steely determination. Not one person dared to even offer an excuse not to pay before their wheels were allowed a single revolution on to that rally field. Did I not then present you with a complete and detailed excel spreadsheet with all out going and incoming monies shown?

Does this sound like someone that forget to pay bar bill? Well does it?:xangry:

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Funny story fully understandable if the offender is a Yorkshireman, we are quick to offer and then reflect and quickly look for a way out of opening the purse. Just had a quick look at you .... oh err .... may well pop in and see you in the not too distant future .... but first .... need to know the details to book on a ride similar to the one you described .... but shorter .... and also with the kind offer from someone else to pay

You are welcome. come and enjoy a ride, a walk or a coffee....we tailor our rides to cater for those who cannot manage the long stuff, however as I am mid sixties, increasing the distance is not something we offer....:xrofl:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
@Armytwowheels , I assumed that it WASN’T you or Colin.

So generous in all aspects of life, especially sharing your alcohol supplies :xgrin:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Anyways, to top it off, following and uncharacteristically lapse moment, which involved a lengthy and cold scooter trip back to the above mentioned bar to settle the debt, our shower tap has started leaking and I seem to have lost my bank card. We are not happy bunnies in the Armytwowheels mobile today.

However, we did have a lovely mountain bike ride through part of the Espuna park today to make us feel better.
20171208_132550.jpg
20171208_131240.jpg
20171208_132558.jpg
20171208_132602.jpg

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Anyways, to top it off, following and uncharacteristically lapse moment, which involved a lengthy and cold scooter trip back to the above mentioned bar to settle the debt, our shower tap has started leaking and I seem to have lost my bank card. We are not happy bunnies in the Armytwowheels mobile today.

However, we did have a lovely mountain bike ride through part of the Espuna park today to make us feel better.
View attachment 200605 View attachment 200608 View attachment 200609 View attachment 200610
Looks good and you got farther up the hill than I did.:xThumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
oh how I miss the days when 2 wheels was my preferred option and 30k was just a morning warm up. beautiful scenery like that should be enjoyed to the natural sounds of nature

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back