Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
fill up van for the 1st time, turned blown air heating on van al least 20C cannot get drain valve to close kept opening and dump water in tank, is there something wrong with the machanism Can i just hold the valve open by sticking it up with a bit of paper any advise please

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Dump valve

Hi 1948,

Is your leisure battery charged up, and switched on?

Yes, I've been told that the dump valve can be held up with a clothes peg, to keep the water in the boiler until the temperature is higher than 5 degrees, I think.

But it will dump again if the leisure battery isnt working, or you keep the peg in place.

I note you say the warmair heating is on, but the boiler needs to be lit, as well.

Hope this helps.

Nomadic:thumb:

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
false alarm

very sorry to post a false alarm I was too gental in pulling the valve up, Mrs just had a look pulled the valve and heard a click and it stayed closed Had to eat hunble pie in the occasion

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
very sorry to post a false alarm I was too gental in pulling the valve up, Mrs just had a look pulled the valve and heard a click and it stayed closed Had to eat hunble pie in the occasion

Oh dear. Much sympathy. It will be a long time before you hear the last of this.

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001

The valve may not have reset when you tried it because the temperature had not reached approx. 8 deg. C.
The valve will 'dump' at 5 deg.C but will not reset untill the temperature increases.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back