Scooter rack for Mclouis 690 (1 Viewer)

Jonybakery

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
Funster No
Hi all,

I'm three days into my first motorhome ownership and am very excited about a 12 month trip I'm about to embark on!

I'd like to take my 125 scooter with me but before buying a rack I was interested to see if anyone has any scooter rack experience with the Fiat Mclouis 690?

Cheers
Jon

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi all,

I'm three days into my first motorhome ownership and am very excited about a 12 month trip I'm about to embark on!

I'd like to take my 125 scooter with me but before buying a rack I was interested to see if anyone has any scooter rack experience with the Fiat Mclouis 690?

Cheers
Jon

Watch the weight on the back end!

Peter

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jon, Wow 12 months ( Janes almost killing me after 2 :winky: ) :welcome: to Motorhome Fun :thumb: I'm sure someone must have a van like yours, its a bit like the Bus :ROFLMAO: sometimes wait for hours then they all come along together:winky::Smile:

But we had a couple of scooters( Italjet 125cc 106 kg ) when we had our last van, and its a job to keep your axle weight down with a rack a little easier in a garage closer to the rear axle. But if you look here:

http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/motorbike_scooter_carrier.html

http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/motorhome_axle_loads.html

A lot easier on a trailer. :Smile: But best start with loading the van including any passengers and see how much you have spare, and weigh the axles.
We went to the Vosa test station in Norwich, they checked our axles for us. Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back