Rally Chat Christmas Tinsel American supper table on Saturday night (2 Viewers)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We shall be having an American Supper /table on the Saturday night

Those that do not know what an American supper table is everyone brings along a contribution of food to the table to share with others

Some bring hot food It can be hot or cold to suit yourselves Last new years party we had some lovely contribution s of hot foods different curries chilies, stews. It went down a treat Soooooo anyone wishing to bring along a dish of something they like to cook or something cold is fine. We have over 65funstes at this meet so let's make it a Xmas feast to remember.

There is plenty room for slow cookers to be plugged in on the night so no worries on that score.

This has already been mentioned on the Christmas tinsel thread and some funsters have already offered to bring certain foods. thought I'd start this thread in rally planning incase funsters miss the posts on the thread as they are easily lost through the pages
Kind regards Kate x

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
Scouse getting cooked and frozen on Thursday to bring with me.
Do we need to bring our own plates and knives and forks x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Scouse getting cooked and frozen on Thursday to bring with me.
Do we need to bring our own plates and knives and forks x
Ahh lovely think with these minus temperatures we are getting we will be glad to get some hot food inside us. Never had scouse. Looking forward to trying some. Thankyou. Yes please bring your own plates/bowls and cutlery. There is a small kitchen so washing up won't be a problem.
Kate x

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Ambilkate hi kate know loads of WELCH,SCOTS,IRISH,AND ENLISH but no Americans do they live near the rally I can go and ask them to come on the night if they are free ray xx lol still lol I could get a Chinese I know they are locals :clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::clown::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
OK Funsters
PLEASE NOTE
Jan at the showground has asked that no one arrives before 11am on the morning of Thursday the 7th December . The showground doesn't open till 10am and they will need to sort out a few things before we arrive

PLEASEIf you are planning on arriving after 4pm on any day of this meet can you please let me know . You can phone or message me I am happy to give everyone my mobile number just pm me for it on fun

SUGGESTION If you do not know your way to the showground please google and plan your journey we had a few Funsters get lost at the last meet . There is a low bridge you need to avoid

I will be collecting £1 of each Funster on arrival to help towards costs

THE PRO FORMA IS AS FOLLOWS

THURSDAY 7th December Arrive from 11am

Room will be available during certain times during the day
tea & coffe & biscuits will be available PLEASE NOTE BRING YOUR OWN MUGS
There are cups and saucers but they are very small.

Get those Christmas , jumpers ,t shirts etc ready they should be compulsory on this meet but we will let you off if you want to be a baah humbug grinch

PLEASE NOTE You can bring your own Alcoholic drinks into the room throughout this meet there is no bar .

For those not wanting to hit the town at night
The room will be open from 7pm
Bring your own drinks &nibbles or celery sticks in my case lol ,
Chill & relax night meet up with old & new friends
If enough interest Bingo ,quiz depends on numbers of Funsters

FRIDAY 8th Dec
Arrivals throughout the day anyone arriving after 4pm please let me know.
For those not wishing to explore Shrewsbury during the day the
Room will be open at certain times for tea & coffee please see board for times or Ask.

For those not hitting the town at night

The room will be open from 7pm

Bring your drinks and nibbles we will probably still be having late arrivals
Hopefully bingo 7pm , quiz 8pm /
We will be having a special Christmas play your cards right not sure yet if it will be after the quiz on Friday night or the Saturday night .

SATURDAY 9th Dec

For those not wanting to explore the town

Room will be open at certain times during the day see board for details or ask .
Board Games etc can be arranged if any interest tea & coffe will be available .

SATURDAY night

Room will be open from 6.30pm onwards for you to bring your contribution to the American supper table .
:party2::wine:
SUPER to commence from 7.00pm onwards . Please Note bring your own bowls/plates cutlery .
For those not knowing what an American table is please see this link https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/christmas-tinsel-american-supper-table-on-saturday-night.165

8.00pm our disco for the evening is DJ TONY @KassBMW he Is hoping we have some Funster singers for the karaoke. A BIG thank you Tony for offering to do the disco for this meet its really appreciated x
I'm also being told we will be having a visit from the KIng don't think this King will be bringing frankincense, gold, Myrrh ;)

Sunday 10th Dec

Room will be open for 10am if you want to help tidy up from the night before. Bacon butties from 10.30am
Tea & coffee will be available bring your own cups.
Goodbye hugs all round to those leaving.

Room will be open on the Sunday night x
Kind regards Kate

Sorry i did try to add Christmas smilies but kept loosing all my tying so  will have to do :party2::party2::party2:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Ambilkate hi Kathy can you bring a cracker if so that's great ray xx lol still lol but donot tell Julia :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Alice is still planning Chilli and Rice

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Alice is still planning Chilli and Rice

img_4825-jpg.196399
Hi Kate, Alice will happily make her award winning Chilli and a big bowl of rice - same as went down well at Newbury, unless that would be too many chillies!

Copied what you posted on tinsel thread in case others had missed it.

Thankyou Alice I happen to know several Funster fellas that love Chillie and can't wait x

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just bumping incase anyone coming to tinsel havnt seen this let's make it a feast to remember

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
We won't be there till around 9.30 in the evening on Friday Kate as we're working till 5 Hun xx

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Hope it's as good as our pembrey rally
IMG_2504.JPG

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
BOOK STALL IN AID OF PROSTATE UK

By kind permission of Kate, Bill and Amanda, we are running a Book Stall at this event.
Can we ask all Funsters to scan their shelves and bring any books in good condition.
NEW: Bring any old editions of MMM and Practical Motorhome and we'll give them a space too!!!

Every Penny to this good cause.:xThumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Hi Kat kathy said she will make faggots peas and gravy ,but she's not sure how many to bring .will 32 faggots be enough or do we want more

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Kat kathy said she will make faggots peas and gravy ,but she's not sure how many to bring .will 32 faggots be enough or do we want more

If it's for the Saturday American supper night Stuart 32 should be enough. Brill getting a nice selection of hot foods :) Bills drooling now of loves Kathy's faggots lol xxx he will have a little bit if everybody's as they are all his favorite dishes

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Ok Hun will sort it out see you late Friday xxx say hi to my best friend Amanda tia and fifi send there love to her too xx

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Ok Hun will sort it out see you late Friday xxx say hi to my best friend Amanda tia and fifi send there love to her too xx
Will do Stuart. Ray will keep you a place by him so no worries how late you are on the Friday x

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
I’m bringing a corned beef hash.

Join us or log in to post a reply.