Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
decided to fill the fresh water tank up to day to see if pump works, the special hose ordered not arrived yet so will use my garden hose (just this time, or should i wait for the special hose) How do i know that the tank is full ??? Do i just wait for the overflow ie. water coming back out from the filling hole??? Would I cause any problem/damage if I flooded the tank??? Thanks for reading

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have used ordinary garden hose and keep filling until it come out the overflow:ROFLMAO: Never had a taste problem. But now use the blue flat one on the reel to save space.

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I use an ordinary hard plastic/rubber at home and one of the "Hozelock" on a drum roll up flat thingy`s on site.. :thumb:

But always let a gallon or so run through onto the ground before inserting it in my Tank first,,, Creapy Crawly`s and Spiders and the like can and will crawl up when not used.. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Another vote for ordinary hose here :thumb:

We always fill 'til it overflows, never had a problem - yet :Doh: Might be best to make sure the freshwater tank lid is always on securely so any excess water only goes out the overflow.

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Normally use an ordinary hose as we never drink from the water in the fresh-water tanks, preferring to use a filter jug and water from a portable bottle.

Just a good flush through first.Fine for showers and baths etc.We normally use miltons sterilising tabs or fluid occasionally throughout the season.

Upvote 0

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Keep it simple when it overflows it is full. we also use sterelising tabs to keep the system clean

:Smile:

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Normal "garden grade" flat & rigid hoses for me, as with many others without apparent ill effect - although there are a lot of loonies on this site Hmmmm:Eeek:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I use a standard hose and fill up all over Europe. I don't use a filter, Milton or any other kind of steriliser.:Smile:

The advantage of constant diohrea, is that it keeps me regular without having to eat Rabbit food.:Blush:

Pete:Cool:

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
As said about hoses-but do make sure the cap to the access hole is tight and that the 'O' ring is sealing properly.
We wondered why there was a little water on floor after filling last time-a new 'O' ring is on it's way from CAK Tanks.:ROFLMAO:

Mike.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Normal "garden grade" flat & rigid hoses for me, as with many others without apparent ill effect - although there are a lot of loonies on this site Hmmmm:Eeek:::bigsmile:

that's the result of drinking water from a garden hose ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

but your in good company :thumb:

Upvote 0

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
decided to fill the fresh water tank up to day to see if pump works, the special hose ordered not arrived yet so will use my garden hose (just this time, or should i wait for the special hose)

How do i know that the tank is full ???

I watch the water gauge in the van up to 3/4 full then rush for the tap,
Do i just wait for the overflow ie. water coming back out from the filling hole???
Its OK as long as water out is greater than flow in, otherwise disaster might pursue !

Would I cause any problem/damage if I flooded the tank???

Yep !

Rgds

Upvote 0

Big Ed

Free Member
May 4, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
|Your not joking:shout::shout::shout:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back