Snooper Ventura S7000 Sat Nav (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just noticed as I was searching for a few bits and bobs that satnaveasy is offering the Snooper Ventura S7000 at £323.13 whcih seems very cheap

http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/snooper-s7000-ventura-uk-europe-sat-nav-with-tv-i14863.html[/QUOTE[/I]

It may be reduced but the Snooper satnavs have a lot of disadvantages especially with adding POIs so although I have one I use it in conjunction with a TomTom to tell me where the sites/Aires are. I've actually found the narrow road/low bridge mapping to be quite patchy on the Snooper in France, though better in the UK. The Snoopers speed cameras are very good in UK too especially the temporary ones at roadworks but you get a lot more for your money with a TomTom:thumb:

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
And for a little more you can have my twice used Tom Tom Truck 7000!

Must stop mentioning this and sell the darn thing!

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
While comparing prices yesterday I noticed one supplier had the S7000 in a UK only version for around £330 and a Europe version for around £370. I guessed this was related to the map coverage so double-check if you buying one for a lower price that it has european maps (if you need them of course).

As for me, I still can't decide between the S7000 or one of the Garmin units. I like the idea of 'motorhome friendly' routes, the larger display and the ability to attach a reversing camera (though not sure I ever would). But is it really that much more benefit than a high-spec Garmin or Tom Tom??

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Sat Nav

While comparing prices yesterday I noticed one supplier had the S7000 in a UK only version for around £330 and a Europe version for around £370. I guessed this was related to the map coverage so double-check if you buying one for a lower price that it has european maps (if you need them of course).

As for me, I still can't decide between the S7000 or one of the Garmin units. I like the idea of 'motorhome friendly' routes, the larger display and the ability to attach a reversing camera (though not sure I ever would). But is it really that much more benefit than a high-spec Garmin or Tom Tom??

I was thinking about this sat nav you said that you would never attach a reversing camera why

Bill:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Garmin 865T with voice recognition etc, its v good, have never worried about my navigator re low bridges , narrow roads etc, plan the route , watch the road signs , no problem, I don't want to be on main roads and miss all the scenery.

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
I was thinking about this sat nav you said that you would never attach a reversing camera why

Bill:thumb:

Bill,

So my logic is that if I were to add a reversing camera I could use the same screen, save having two LCD's in the cab. However, I remain to be convinced that I actually need a camera. Had the wagon for a year now and not once have I felt a camera was absolutely necessary, just another toy to add to the list

TJ

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
I have a Garmin 865T with voice recognition etc, its v good, have never worried about my navigator re low bridges , narrow roads etc, plan the route , watch the road signs , no problem, I don't want to be on main roads and miss all the scenery.

I've been looking at the 865T Larrynwin, do you find you use all the features of such a high spec'd device?

motorvating

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hinckley
Funster No
MH
RV E350 Diesel
Exp
1 year
Just noticed as I was searching for a few bits and bobs that satnaveasy is offering the Snooper Ventura S7000 at £323.13 whcih seems very cheap

http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/snooper-s7000-ventura-uk-europe-sat-nav-with-tv-i14863.html[/QUOTE[/I]

It may be reduced but the Snooper satnavs have a lot of disadvantages especially with adding POIs so although I have one I use it in conjunction with a TomTom to tell me where the sites/Aires are. I've actually found the narrow road/low bridge mapping to be quite patchy on the Snooper in France, though better in the UK. The Snoopers speed cameras are very good in UK too especially the temporary ones at roadworks but you get a lot more for your money with a TomTom:thumb:

Not sure why you have had a problem? I have a Snooper and have had no problems loading sites in, and again the we had no problems with narrow roads or bridges in France, in fact we drove around the centre of Paris, centre of Vichy and around the pyranees without any problems at all.

I borrowed a Tom Tom off my mate to compare the too, and found the Snooper has more applications then the Tom Tom, indeed the Tom Tom took us into Aldershot married quarters when we was wanting to find the barracks, but this was not the case with the Snooper.

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi,

We have had a Snooper for 18 months now, it has successfully taken our RV through France, Italy, Belgium & Germany without any problems, it has taken into account low bridges etc., and found many places that our previous sat nav didnt. The other thing is that you get download updates FREE OF CHARGE for life. Our other sat nav you had to pay for updates. Best money we have spent. :thumb::thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We have had the snooper s7000 since July last year and are very pleased with it - we have no problem loading POI's onto it - in fact we do that almost weekly - we have been very pleased with its accuracy and we must say that the back up service from snooper is excellent - if you send an email query you usually get a comprehensive personalised answer within an hour or so and if you need to have voice contact that can be arranged but the email has always sorted it. Son in law has the all singing version of Tom Tom and more than once the Snooper has been more accurate

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No

I have been considering several sat navs over the last few months, all the usuall suspects (Garmin, Tom Tom, Snooper ventura S7000 EU). I finally made my choice last week and went for the Snooper. I bought it from Snooper Direct and although more expensive than other websites offering over £100 savings I wanted the guarantee of up to date mapping. Although my purpose for purchasing this was for use in my Motorhome for the ability to plot in Length, width, height, weight I also wanted to use it in my car. As I have not got my new Motorhome as yet I cannot report on how good these features are or are not. However, used it for the first time today in my car and I love the big 7" screen, don't need my glasses on to read the info displays. The mapping is good and right up to date. My previous Sat nav still showed a roundabout that had been removed 18 Months ago !! As I tour Europe every summer I thought the ACSI preloaded data would be useful and it also has pre-loaded some (not all) sites (and aires) taken from the BORD Atlas publication as well as Caravan Club and Camping and Caravan Club sites (but not all sites are listed). The Tom Tom Truckmaster worked out no cheaper and did not have the ACSI or other camping sites pre-loaded ike the snooper.

I am not saying that I have made the right choice, hard to say at the moment until I use it on the new Motorhome (collect it on 1st May) but I have made the choice and will have to live with it come what may. I have paid the £29.99 for the access to the speed camera database and this is better than my previous sat nav with better pre-warnings and type of speed cameras. It also has the live TMC information and this is really good. A black symbol appears on the screen when information is received on traffic/road incidents but not on your planned route, and the symbol is displayed in red if the incidents relate to your planned route, nice touch.

The Bluetooth facility is not as good as my previous Unit which enabled me to download my phone book automatically. The Snoope has no facility available to download your phone book from your mobile so each number has to be typed in, it will then store it in 'Call History' but only by number and not by name.

So some very good bits and some not so good bits, guess you just can't get the perfect system, but maybe one day eh ::bigsmile:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
This months Practical Motorhome (out today) has an item on different sat nav systems,

They test the following:

Snooper Ventura S7000
Tom Tom GO 7000 Truck
Garmin nuvi 465T
Clarion MAP690TRK
Navevo ProNav
Navigon 6310 (Editors choice)

All are supposed to be aimed for the larger vehicles.

You might find this info useful

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Been following this thread with interest. Just wondered if anyone has the Snooper AVN - S7000 Truckmate, which is the motorised version that fits in the radio slot?

Best price I can find for it is £523.95 (incl. vat + delivery) here: http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/snooper-avn-s7000-truckmate-i14745.html

It's nearly £200 more than the window mounted unit, but it would be nice to 'park' the unit at the touch of a button. Does away with leads sticking out of the cigar lighter also.

Downside I suppose is that you can't use it in the car and if the motor packs up for some reason then you're stuffed.

Anyone here got the above, or another-make motorised unit and if so, has it been reliable?

Paul

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Been following this thread with interest. Just wondered if anyone has the Snooper AVN - S7000 Truckmate, which is the motorised version that fits in the radio slot?

Best price I can find for it is £523.95 (incl. vat + delivery) here: http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/snooper-avn-s7000-truckmate-i14745.html

It's nearly £200 more than the window mounted unit, but it would be nice to 'park' the unit at the touch of a button. Does away with leads sticking out of the cigar lighter also.

Downside I suppose is that you can't use it in the car and if the motor packs up for some reason then you're stuffed.

Anyone here got the above, or another-make motorised unit and if so, has it been reliable?

Paul

I got the Alpine Multi-Media system to go with my Alpine Blackbird Sat Nav. Nice Sat Nav and does the job, the multi-media Unit offers connectivity to rear camera, iPod connection, CD/DVD player as well as the usuall Radio. However, since having this fitted my radio reception is terrible. I usually listen to Radio 2 as it gives good frequent road reports. The radio that came with the Motorhome worked perfectly and when changing region the RDS function worked a treat. However, the radio that came with the multi media package, whilst it has RDS, this does not work very well on either the regular BBC frequencies or the local radio frequencies. Maybe it was just this Unit but it has put me off ever getting another one. Before you ask, I did go back to Alpine and they did acknowledge there was a fault with the model originally supplied so they replaced it with an updated model, that doesn't work any better either :cry:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
use the snooper truckmate in my job it is like all sat nav's USE WITH CARE AND USE YOUR MAPS as it can still take you were the low bridges, narrow roads and weight limits are. :winky::winky:

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
use the snooper truckmate in my job it is like all sat nav's USE WITH CARE AND USE YOUR MAPS as it can still take you were the low bridges, narrow roads and weight limits are. :winky::winky:

So under Trade Desciptions you could demand your money back couldn't you ?

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
The built in version: AVN S7000 is very good but has two drawbacks. It won't do co-ordinates and it won't load POIs. Apparently, if any satnav needs to always run the CD, then you can't do POIs or co-ordinates.

ken

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We have had the snooper s7000 since July last year and are very pleased with it - we have no problem loading POI's onto it - in fact we do that almost weekly

I have just purchased Snooper S7000 Ventura and it seems to be a great bit of kit. It is also the first Sat Nav that has not located our postcode to a village 3 miles away !!

I am interested in your post as I was unaware that POIs can be downloaded onto Snooper and cannot find a way to do so.....Can you do that? If yes ,please tell me how :thumb:

regards

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am interested in your post as I was unaware that POIs can be downloaded onto Snooper and cannot find a way to do so.....Can you do that? If yes ,please tell me how :thumb:

regards

When I spoke to Snooper a couple of years ago they told me it was possible to add PoIs individually (i.e. one by one) but not to add a complete set of PoIs created on a PC.

Graham

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Thats what i understood. Save them as favorites.

Shame as that is the only downside to what otherwise I have so far found to be an excellent satnav......bigger tests lie ahead though:whatthe:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I

regards

Hi you cannot download POI's but you can add them individually - to do so tap the centre of the screen (obviously when switched on:ROFLMAO:) ignore the icons and go to the top of the screen and tap my favourites then tap the icon my favourites on the left hand side of the screen - at the top you hit the button Add that gives you 5 options to work with - in our case it is usually 'current point' that gives you the lat and long plus your location on the screen - at the bottom right hand corner tap quick menu tap continue - you can the check the full address and add you own name description by tapping name which gives you a keyboard to enter details then tap save - job done - might seem complicated but takes only a few seconds

adventure2011

Free Member
Sep 8, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi there,

Just thought I'd mention that my husband has just recently bought the Snooper S7000 Ventura and he loves it. We have previously owned a TomTom but believe the Ventura is far better especially since their new software updates.

We got it from The Sat Nav Company due to the cheapest price, great service too.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years

NO..........as long as you use your common sense, I use one for work (45ft artic) and I hav,nt got stuck yet, nor make a fool of myself. The only problem with tomtom, is it is ver quick, it keeps telling me "Bear left", but by the time i turn ...its gone:ROFLMAO:

Glyn and Debbie

Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
aaaaargh :cry: you are all driving me mad, after lots and lots of deliberation I had decided to purchase the TOMTOM GO LIVE 1005 GPS Sat Nav System, instead of the Snooper ventura S7000, now I am confused all over again, I think I am going to go back to the trusty old holdall full of A to Z's never let me down. All the the truckers out there will know what I mean.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The Snoopers have the ACSI directory programmed in, but I am sure if you rang Performance Products and said you had problems adding further sites they would help. I thought Garmin support were good but the PP guys at Runcorn are excellent.

The vehicle size / weight option has never let me or my mate down we have the S2000 and he has the S7000 in respect of roads unlike other well know makes.

jellybeen

Free Member
Sep 13, 2011
cornwall
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 1999
snooper 7000 ventura

have a snooper 7000ventura works fine pleased so far only used in this country.purchased it because tom tom g910 took me down narrow country lanes due to the fact it couldnt differentiiate that i was in a motorhome or a car. hence the purchase of snooper
my only problem is the failiure to charge from the engine when in use any ideas.?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Always best to check the maps as well

I have a Snooper and the other day I was programmed to go home from Shepton and decided just before I got to my home to go up the road and do a unload of the trailer..different place. so it had a 45' long rig, that is my Winnebago RV and the 20' car trailer turning in to what I knew to be a dead end and telling me to turn around. ..I ignored it and it tried it again at the next turning.

I know the local area and once it had it;s mind set no way was it going to accept anything other than to turn around.

It has been set up for the weight and length of the rig. On main roads it is great and will even make sure the correct speed v weight is noted ..lower for the size and weight I have. But on the whole it is good, but do not throw away the maps.. I also have a Garmin and a Pioneer.. all are about equal and all have there moments.

Bob:Eeek:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
have a snooper 7000ventura works fine pleased so far only used in this country.purchased it because tom tom g910 took me down narrow country lanes due to the fact it couldnt differentiiate that i was in a motorhome or a car. hence the purchase of snooper
my only problem is the failiure to charge from the engine when in use any ideas.?

Hi :welcomefunster:,
I don't have a snooper but my TomTom has done the same couple of times...........1) charge lead come loose in back of TT.....2) Blown fuse in cigar lighter.........could also be not plugged in fully or fuse in plug.

Brian

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
We have a Snooper Ventura S7000 has worked fine took us to Italy and back recently.

As we have given up motorhoming it is up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested

Cheers
Gary and Cathy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back