Should of bought a motorhome! (1 Viewer)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just sent a mail to friends in Albox to see if they are involved in this mess - hope not:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Its not only the British this is happening to but also Spanish a friend near Gandia got his older last month. what was once a dream here is now a nightmare,:Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the only way id buy in spain would be a long established, town or city apartment...they cant demolish one without the others :thumb:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We too will only buy an apartment when the time is right. Friends of mine live on the CDS and one bought a property which after living in it found it was too small, so bought the house at the end of the terrace from the developer as well, and now she cant for love nor money sell the first one. My other friend is still trying to sell her house and cant so is renting in the area she eventually hopes to settle. I must add that neither of them have had any problems with the builders, building illegally.

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its not just people that bought property in Spain that are in trouble.
A lot of Brits that bought expensive caravans,then had them towed down to Spain,put them on campsites and built large awnings complete with fitted kitchens,brick BBQs etc.
Then find that with the exchange rate being as it is,cant pay the site fees anymore,cant sell the van becouse everyone else is trying to sell theres.
Finish up walking away,leaving thousands of pounds behind,Spanish campsite owners are claiming the vans.
Alicante and Merthia airport carparks are full of abandoned British registered cars,where they have just been left behind,as the poor Brits head back home in there droves,cant even afford the fuel to drive the car home.
Very sad state of affairs indead.As I have said in previous posts,"You have no control over the exchange rate",and when we are now in a situation where we the Brits are a third down on what we used to get,then somthing has to give.
Problem for us is the Spanish wont give an inch.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Is this really the British Minister for Europe speaking? I quote from the article:

“Everyone I’ve spoken to in Spain says they want to find a solution but wanting a solution and getting one are two different things.”

Physician, heal thyself. Everyone I've spoken to in Britain also wants to find a solution, but wanting a solution and getting one are two different things. Resign, laddie, and take the rest of your chums with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back