La Marina (1 Viewer)

dav b

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Norfolk/
Funster No
Exp
Several
just returned form spain on visiting la marina beach and dunes many wild campers parked inclubing brits,we were horrified to see campers emptying toilet cassets in dunes,surley this is giving bad names to genuin motor homers who use dedicated sites or are more responcible regarding emptying waste products, we are motor homers and feel this is a disgrace and give a bad name to us more responcible campers :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I can only agree there is no need to do that, it is a lazy and disgusting practice. There is always a public WC, garage or whatever if no dedicated dump. No wonder, wilding is frowned upon in so many places. As motorhoming becomes more popular and wilding in particular becomes more widespread then this sort of behaviour is the beginning of the end.

vwroamer

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Spain
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
These people give a bad name to the human race. I live near La Marina and my wife and I walk down that area often, get near the old campsite and it stinks. These so called ''wild campers'' must be so proud of themselves going back to own country after the winter and bragging about wintering in Spain and spending almost nothing. I just pray for the day or night the Gaurdia go down and give them fines before moving them off. I should not think that any resposible moter homers do this, but if you do and are reading this, may you rot in hell!!! Or perhaps I am not making my feelings known enough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I also have a house in La Marina and some of these wild camoers are a real pain, they give us good campers a bad name. They are there for months on end. The police move them on ocasionaslly but they just go up the road for a few nights and then come back. There are no public toilets or anywhere to empty waste so I suspect this is why they dump it but there is no need - the campsite in the village has a motorhome service where they can empty and refill with water but it costs which is why I susoect they dont use it!

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
If they let their dogs **** in the street do you think they'll be bothered where they empty their toilets :whatthe:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
It was the same over at port of mazarron, now the local council have made it so there is no wild camping near the beach front, loads of m/homes used to park up(long stay) on the rough groundand beach area at one end of town it became scruffy and looked bad as you passed to get into town, some even parked up infront of peoples houses, the police moved them on and had a policeman stationed there day and night to stop them comming back then they developed the front beachside with a large promanade so there was no parking at all

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The most beutifull wild camp on the Costas IMO was Playa Pacheles.
It had water and the bread man and veg man came every day.
No houses in view so did not bother any locals.
There was an old deserted house just up the lane with a septic tank so that you could emty waste,etc.
Some of the lazy b......s couldnt even be bothered to do that,so the Spanish put up a hight barrier a few years back.
That was the end of the best wild camp in Europe,IMO.
Also the end of a good little earner for the local shop,resterant,etc.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It also angers me:Angry:

Wilding was banned at Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast for the same reason and while in Scotland I saw the same thing being done at Loch Lomond.

I'm sure no one on here would ever do it, but it only takes one and it gets all a bad name..

Wildman is correct.. it will eventually lead to motorhomes being excluded or banned from parking anywhere except in a site.. and seen as the 'dirty' campers :Sad:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Pigs at la marina

I am at this moment visiting La Marina area without my motorhome. I must point out that of last night only one brit was on site and of course loads of Dutch / Germans. I would like to think the lone brit is keeping to the rules. The others are well known for dumping ANYTHING, ANYWHERE. this are should be renamed the piggery.
Wiljoy

vwroamer

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Spain
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Have heard of the Gaurdia fining wild campers and sending the fine to the home address. As we know in Spain, if the fine is not paid within certain time it will keep increasing, wonder how big the fine is by the time some of these people get back to their own country?????????????????

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I am at this moment visiting La Marina area without my motorhome. I must point out that of last night only one brit was on site and of course loads of Dutch / Germans. I would like to think the lone brit is keeping to the rules. The others are well known for dumping ANYTHING, ANYWHERE. this are should be renamed the piggery.
Wiljoy

Have heard of the Gaurdia fining wild campers and sending the fine to the home address. As we know in Spain, if the fine is not paid within certain time it will keep increasing, wonder how big the fine is by the time some of these people get back to their own country?????????????????

I dont have any experience of wild camping at all, however, I'm afraid that if I was camping at this location I would have give the dirty buggers a hard time, or is that to hard.

Jim
:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Wiljoy

This is incredible, unbelievable, nationalistic and disgusting nonsense and I would like to register my strongest complaint possible against this post.

The attitude that the Brits keep to the rules but the "others" don't is what makes the Brits so unpopular around the world.

I am sorry for breaking my New Year's Resolution...

JJ

"Off Site" Motorhomer for forty years...

vwroamer

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Spain
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Nothing to do with nationality, scum is scum. Anyone who drives around in a £50,000 vehicle and craps on someone else's doorstep has got to have something wrong up top. Think it is the '' I spent nothing, and I was away for 3 months attitude''. Take a look at ASCI sites 15 euro a night, not asking too much surely.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
If they let their dogs **** in the street do you think they'll be bothered where they empty their toilets :whatthe:

Not to disagree with all that has been said but the must be millions of feral and domesticated dogs on the streets of Spain and Portugal, you can't walk for more that 100 feet without seeing dog droppings. Surely not all of these dog belong to rogue campers?

Doug...

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No

Is this happening regularly ? I was going to find this place for a night or two but dont know if I should now. Ive been in spain a month now and found very few nice wild camping spots that are quiet and have the security of other motorhomers around. I thought there would be loads and as my budget is dwindling on expensive campsites may have to cut my trip short and probably will not come back, no wonder france is becoming so popular.

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
I'm afraid that this is what it is coming to, the huge increase in motor home ownership has attracted some irresponsible people who have no respect for others and feel that they can do what they like . I have been motor homing for more than 25yrs and have seen some good wild camping spots barring access to m/homes completely for just the problems mentioned, {rubbish left- emptying of grey water tanks and emptying toilet s into bushes etc} also the attitude of some of the owners of I'm all right jack so stuff you.

I used to occasionally overnight in laybys and wild camp for a few days in remote spots etc I would tidy up after myself ,also would go on a litter pick and leave the place cleaner than when i arrived leaving no trace of anyone even been there.
The publicising of many good spots has also caused them to be over used and abused giving just the ammunition needed
for local authorities to act and to bar access therefore spoiling it just to park there for the day let alone stay overnight.

A lot of this problem of parking our m/homes in popular spots has and is getting worse by the actions of the few that will ultamatly affect the many.

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I've noticed some places ive found have had official signs up " NO CARAVAN / AUTOCARAVAN"
so I of course dont park there is this the case in La Marina ? are people blatantly ignoring the laws or are the police fining without any signs present ???

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well , I am not a great lover of la marina but have spent the odd night there for 25 years
I have NEVER , EVER during that period seen anyone empty their WC in the woods or the dunes
many years ago their was a manhole cover into the sewer in the parking area ; personally I didn't use it because it ran into the sea untreated , together with the sewage from the spanish houses
in more recent times motorhomers went to the toilet block and emptied there ...same objection from me , but when in spain...........

this winter I stopped one night .....and the toilet block has been demolished , at a guess because it didn't meet regulations , so what people do now I can't say

when I started 35 years ago I joined the CC , who said it was imperative that you carried a trenching tool so that if you get stuck you can find some waste ground , dig a hole and bury the evidence ; I still believe in that ...I understand that in china it is illegal to do anything else , although I admit I use cow manure on my vegetable garden!

btw , both the local police and the guardia inspected whilst I was there , and raised no objections to our presence ; mind you , neither did they seem to object to the local residents allowing their dogs to foul the area and leave it in that condition

chas

Free Member
Nov 24, 2007
west midlands
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
32 long years !
Pardon for asking, but where is La Marina ? If I do ever pass that way I will know to give it a wide berth. :whatthe:

sostas

Free Member
Nov 16, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I would like to add my voice to those who are disgusted by this practice. I just cannot comprehend the mentality of anyone who could empty a toilet this way. There is no excuse. I only hope that the local police catch these cretinous vandals and deal with them severely – by impounding their motorhome for example.
We have toured Europe over the past eight years using campsites, aires, sostas etc. and have wild camped but to dump a toilet in this way beggars belief – words fail me.
Sostas

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back