Introduction (1 Viewer)

stash

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Koh Samui Thailand
Funster No
Hello to you all My name is Stan. I live full time in Koh samui Thailand, and have been here 4 years now. Allthough it's nice and hot here all the time My wife Carol and I have decided to put our house on the market and return to the U.K. We have enjoyed the adventure but now are missing the English countryside, and a growing amount of Grandchildren.

However we do not want to give up our freedom totally by rejoining the property rat race. Our intentions are to purchase an American RV. and live in that full-time, We did used to caravan before but feel that we need a little bit more space and luxury. and do not want to get involved with all the council Tax, and all the other trappings that go with owning property. I would welcome any advice as to sites available for long stay, insurance, and all other things and information that I will need to know. We would be based in Nottingham-shire, and have three dogs that we will be bringing back with us, as we could not bare to leave them behind, and long to let them run around fields and woods without the constant fear of them being bitten by a snake. I Know absolutely nothing at all about RV's so will welcome as much advise as can be given.:Cool:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Stan and welcome, suns shining here now , spring is here at last. Try signing on to our sister site which is for RV owners, lots of advice there as well, www.rvoc.co.uk Good luck Larry

OP
OP
S

stash

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Koh Samui Thailand
Funster No
Thanks for the kind welcome, and will look up the other site, Looking at your picture of the snow around your RV brings back fond memories of camping in winter.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

stash

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Koh Samui Thailand
Funster No
Hello Dick and Barbara, Nice to hear from you used to have many friends from Newcastle but have lost contact with them all due to passage of time and changing addresses. but love the accent.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for the kind welcome, and will look up the other site, Looking at your picture of the snow around your RV brings back fond memories of camping in winter.:thumb:

Thank goodness the worst of winter is over ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi stash and welcome to MH Fun.
:welcomefunster:

Bet you will notice a change when you get back to the UK.

Sorry can't help with the RV questions, but there are people on this site that will be able to, and will no doubt answer for you later, just ask away.

Lots of luck in your choice of a new life.

Dave:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the site. That picture was taken in the middle of last summer, hee hee
scotjimland has just moved back into bricks and mortar, I beleive his RV is for sale, Do contact him for details he is a member here.
don't forget we have a chatroom and an active rally scene.

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi and welcome loads of advice here for current/ex-caravanners its all the same idea i speak as a trailer tenter/motorhomer now 5th wheeler about to buy a caravan as well . You would not have enjoyed the chilly winter that most have experienced AL.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back