Service Areas (1 Viewer)

olivesrockstar3

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
devon
Funster No
Exp
Can anybody help with service areas or aires just north or south of Zaragoza as i am looking for a overnight stop on my way to Barcalona,are they safe to stop on any info would be appreciated.
Best Regards
Steve.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
From the info on this website, I understand that the aires on autoroutes are not safe but on the other roads they are. Also, there is safety in numbers so I would stop where they are other MHs parked. Also, it seems that many towns and villages have municipal aires. Sorry I can't be more definite about this but I've never done it. I'm only repeating what I've read.

Ivy

lost-a-spanner

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Port Ste Foy et Ponchapt
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Can anybody help with service areas or aires just north or south of Zaragoza as i am looking for a overnight stop on my way to Barcalona,are they safe to stop on any info would be appreciated.
Best Regards
Steve.
Aye-up... Watch the Aires on the Spanish/French borders as can be dodgy. Most French towns have places for camping cars to park free , also facilities for filling and emptying. Remember over here you are in a camping car and not a motor home.. Says so on the signs !!!!!!!!!!! Lost-a-Spanner:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
We have stopped on aires in villages,towns etc and also motorway services and never had any trouble but you need to go with your own gut feelings has to weather you feel it is safe or not.Go to santa sussanna every year,this side of barcelona and have never gone on a site till we get there.
There will not be that many motorhomes on aires and services this time of year but still plenty of trucks.
If you are a little unsure then jump on a toll road,stop on one of thier services for the night
then come back off.Sadly crime can happen anywhere but your own gut feelings play a big part.
Dave

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Best Regards
Steve.

My wife and I have been wild camping in France, Spain and Portugal for the last 6 years and never had any problems.

I don't know the area around Zaragoza so I can't give you specifics but I can tell what we do.

If you are off the motorways in Spain you will see plenty of places were the truckers stop, sometimes at 24hour garages or at hostels (truckers hotels) and they are the kind of places that we stop in, OK there is the possibility of Trucks movements through the night, but its only for one night and most of the time you wont here a thing. use common sense and I'm sure you will be OK.

Good luck and enjoy.

Doug...

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
There was a recent thread somewhere about someone being " robbed " near Gibraltar. They had parked up and walked , returning to have been broken into. They had been told it was a ..........SAFE........ place to park. Nowhere is safe. Crime happens anywhere , more in some places than others.

I do not believe in safety in numbers.

...... Numbers just makes you feel safer, more relaxed and consequently more liable to have your guard down. If motorhomes are a target, then a place with a load of motorhomes parked up are going to be more of a target.

There are loads of places to stop around Zaragossa . Are they safe ? Who knows ?

I agree to an extent with David Price about stopping on the Peage. I reckon sleeping at the peage itself is the best option but do not forget that truck drivers are no more honest than any other profession .

( We have stayed a couple of times on a services between Logrono and Zaragossa , and south of Zaragossa near some brothel, . ..............but I could not say they were safe. It was for us but maybe not for someone else )

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi have a look here: Link Removed there's also a service station just outside zaragosa on A2,(Madrid road) where some posters have reported being able to stop.

Olley

nickhague

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
soothwestish
Funster No
Exp
extrav
morrela

Hi, we pulled up recently at the Aire in Morrella (in the spain portugal vicarious book) lovely spot, quite a bit south of Zarrgosa, we also spent a night at a barragem between pamplona and zarragosa, was fine, hope is of some use, i have a stupid stupid Garmin type sat nav and "she" wont give out the coordinates that we saved in her, she knows where all the places are but wont share em otherwise could have given you coordinates.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
BP Truckstop Zaragossa

HERE'S ONE NEAR ZARAGOZA

It's a truck stop, says it is secure but may not be quiet.

I have been in that one - looks ok :thumb:
Its a BP truckstop but you find very few English drivers there these days.
Unfortunately some truck drivers become so use to loud noise they don't realse the noise they make can be disturbing to others. But I don't think this place would be unduly noisy because the motorhomes are not parked directly alongside the lorries.
(Also has good showers for €3)

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
bought first motorhome 30 yrs ago
Hi we spent xmas and new year at moncofa in spain having travelled on the dover calais ferry then west of paris and down with no incidents but 2 of the others on our site that had travelled from bilbio had their tyres slashed while in a service station (one caravan one motorhome) they were convinced that knowing that fuel is slightly cheaper in spain they were in a service station outside bilbio knowing that most Brits stop shortly after getting off the ferry to refuel, i think just making sure you have enough fuel to get well clear of the port and maybe if you dont know the country a first night on a site may lower the stress levels and start the holiday off in the right way tc

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Hi, we pulled up recently at the Aire in Morrella (in the spain portugal vicarious book) lovely spot, quite a bit south of Zarrgosa, we also spent a night at a barragem between pamplona and zarragosa, was fine, hope is of some use, i have a stupid stupid Garmin type sat nav and "she" wont give out the coordinates that we saved in her, she knows where all the places are but wont share em otherwise could have given you coordinates.

Co-ords for Morella as taken from my website which you are welcome to N 40°37.444' W 000°05.495' or, if you prefer in metric 40.62389,0.09136

Morella has a great aire next to the town which is a fortified castle and is well worth a visit if you have time on your journey, may be a bit far South for the OP though.

Hope this helps :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back