Full Astra signal yet no picture (1 Viewer)

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
I have been having problems with Oyster Digital self seek system and the latest is

If you look at the pictures you can see I can get Astra 1 with a picture and full signal, I am unable to get Astra 2 showing a picture yet it is a full signal. I have also shown Satfinders settings for our location for Astra 1 and Astra 2 as it may help.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I want to get the system serviced at Newark show if I can and maybe get the wiring checked, any ideas on how much this may cost?

TIA

Steve

Attachments

• DSC04298.jpg
    DSC04298.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC04299.jpg
    DSC04299.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 42
  • astra 1.jpg
    astra 1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 32
  • astra 2.jpg
    astra 2.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 16

shell&tell

Free Member
Oct 5, 2008
Sth Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Steve

Have you tried disconecting the power to the dish/tuner etc. It worked with mine once:thumb:

Terry::bigsmile:riving2:

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi Steve

Have you tried disconecting the power to the dish/tuner etc. It worked with mine once:thumb:

Terry::bigsmile:riving2:

Hi Tell

No will look at trying that in the morrow, I have tried reset to default. It has never been totaly right since it was transferred from the Hymer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Steve,

I sometimes have it where the oyster will search, find and then fine tune on astra 2 (oyster display saus astra 2 found) but the sky box shows no signal.

I then use the oyster menu to say ' go find astra 2' and it goes off again and finds it again. I then normally have sky signal.

There have been occasions where that trick has not worked and I've had to shut the oyster down and do it all again.

I always get there eventually :thumb:

Bryan

hobbyda

Free Member
Mar 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
25 years
Hi Steve
Your Oyster is about the same age as mine so when it displays "Astra 2d Found and you are not getting a signal try this.

1 Press Menu

2 Press right button till you reach "manual search"

3 Press OK

4 Press right button twice ( click click )

5 Press down button twice ( click click )

6 Press Ok

This works for me till l am able to get box updated

Hope works
All the best Dennis

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Thanks for tips so far guy's, I do not have Sky and it does not come into the equation.

I will give all tips a try, what is confusing to me is the signal saying V/Good yet no picture.

:thumb:

Steve

hobbyda

Free Member
Mar 30, 2008
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
25 years
Hi Steve

It is not a Sky problem. Your Oyster is not locking on to Astra 2 sat this has been caused by the launch of a satellite,BADR 4 also known as Eurobird 2 at 26 degrees which is very close to Astra 2 at 28.2. I have been using the work round that came from Oyster for over 2 years.

All the best

Dennis

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi Steve

It is not a Sky problem. Your Oyster is not locking on to Astra 2 sat this has been caused by the launch of a satellite,BADR 4 also known as Eurobird 2 at 26 degrees which is very close to Astra 2 at 28.2. I have been using the work round that came from Oyster for over 2 years.

All the best

Dennis

Sorry Dennis I have just noticed that I failed to mention I had to manually tune in Astra 1 and Astra 2 to get them signals.

I started the automatic search again this morning and it went straight to Astra1, I then pressed for Astra 2 and it tuned in straight away.

Steve

shell&tell

Free Member
Oct 5, 2008
Sth Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sorry Dennis I have just noticed that I failed to mention I had to manually tune in Astra 1 and Astra 2 to get them signals.

I started the automatic search again this morning and it went straight to Astra1, I then pressed for Astra 2 and it tuned in straight away.

Steve

Numpty:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
SandJ

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Steve

Will compare notes at Newark:thumb:

tell
::bigsmile:riving2:

Look forward to seeing you both again, you have missed a good-un at Beverley. See you soon

Steve

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont really know how the auto sat search works but my manual crankup had a similar fault.

tuned to astra 2 and had a good, strong signal but no picture or sound.

further investigation showed the receiver had reset the default sat to hotbird. (never did find out why it did it itself ?)

reset default to astra 2 and job done. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back