Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
OK,
I think I have this sussed but would just like to get a second opinion before I shell out the readies:cry:

I have a 2006 Pilote with twin 7kg Butane connected to a manual change over valve which has a red (off) and green (on) three segment type window inside it.

System works ok appart from freezing up last weekend in Braemar :Eeek:

Guess I need to go to Propane, so this is what i thought;

Intending to go to Europe for a good run this summer (Probably the same as a thousand others) so would like to be independant, my thoughts turned to GasLow.

So the point to my question .......:RollEyes:

Two 6kg bottles with a filler and a bracket would suffice to my knowledge.

I am unsure if i need new hoses as the GasLow bottles are equipped with Butane fittings.

Intend to use Outdoor Bits for my purchase, looks like the best deal about.

Comments please ?
Take Care
Terry

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Best move I ever made:thumb:, used to use propane but then had a chance of a couple of 6kg gas bottles, so got all the pigtails and installed it, with help from a qualified installer, after a while we decided to go for a bigger bottle so went to Johnscross, got the Funsters discount as well, when we can afford it will go the other bigger bottle, so will have two 6kg well I think thats the size for sale:roflmto:

Upvote 0

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
what sort of threads do you have on the pigtails ....sounds like you have an on board regulator
and surely with a pilote you have room for 2 proper 13Kg bottles

try a photo or two !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
internal gas tank

Our truck came fitted with an internal LPG tank, used it for 3 weeks and the gauge has hardly moved, (will probably drop like a stone next use) cost £12 to fill it up.
Saves all that faffing about with clanky bottles.
Bad point is it takes up a lot of underseat storage (we don`t have a lot as it is) good point the outside gas locker is now free for wellies, hose pipes etc etc. :thumb:

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Best move I ever made:thumb:, used to use propane but then had a chance of a couple of 6kg gas bottles, so got all the pigtails and installed it, with help from a qualified installer, after a while we decided to go for a bigger bottle so went to Johnscross, got the Funsters discount as well, when we can afford it will go the other bigger bottle, so will have two 6kg well I think thats the size for sale:roflmto:

Thanks for the business:Smile: well apreciated:thumb: anyone interested the Gaslow section is here

Adaptors, pipes etc Link Removed

Bottles etc Link Removed

If you need any technical advice Darren or Glenn will happily oblige.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
At risk of teaching my granny to suck eggs could I just mention before going out and purchasing the nice big bottles - please do ascertain that the larger bottles will actually fit through the door!!! - they don't on our wagon although if you could get em in there would be plenty of room for them inside the locker. It's potty!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
A Couple of Photo's

P3061878.jpg

I think this hols the regulator the bezel around the Red / Green Window is a manual selection of which side is on.
P3061876.jpg

Two 7kg Butane I want to change to GasLow
P3061879.jpg

This is the quick connection for the bottle which I understand with this removed the hose tail fits directly to the GasLow bottle.

Hope this explains my system.

Any comments?

Take Care
Terry

Upvote 0

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
GAS and LPG systems.

Or nearly empty ?............

If you can go for a LPG tank system,which can be fitted underneath M/H somewhere (not inside) this will have a proper filler set into the side of the vehicle somewhere,also have a gauge in the cab (or anywhere you want) letting you know how much LPG you have !
I have no idea how much system costs in the UK ( well over a grand i expect ) but here in Bulgaria,the same system,all brand new and fitted will cost £600 !!!!! Had mine fitted 18 months ago for the 'engine/milelage ' side of things for £450,wish i had asked for another set up for the cooker/heater etc......
Dont forget when buying these systems,you need the passport book that comes with it stamped and a LPG sticker in the window somewhere.
So where are you going on your next European trip ? BULGARIA ?it works out your having a FREE holiday :Cool:
Stay at my place and i will arrange for LPG fitting...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back