Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but since its cheap .............! Just booked three nights at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park near Filey. £5 per night plus £3 for the dog - £24 total. How bad is that?

Ivy

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Your right, its not everybodies cuppa. We went too Haven in Weymouth a few years ago and had a brilliant week. We weren't on the site very much but it was at least somewhere to lye down. We actually went down there too visit Monkey World.

You cant growl at a fiver.

Jim
:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Agree totally. Not my cup of tea but I booked one in Wales last year. Just five minutes walk through the camp and I was in the middle of beautiful countryside and stood on the clifftops overlooking the sea. Long clifftop walks ..... Heaven. Just outside the camp, BECAUSE it was a camp, was a bus stop to various local towns of interest....

These stays are ideal for a first-time-out holiday... Plenty of people around and facilities should you have any problems.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but since its cheap .............! Just booked three nights at Blue Dolphin Holiday Park near Filey. £5 per night plus £3 for the dog - £24 total. How bad is that?

Ivy

Am i right in assuming this is not with the m/h Ivy:Blush:....Dave

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Ill be careful what I say after the "how much would have you paid for a campsite thread" but thats a bargain. I just did an online quote for 22 March for 3 nights and yep its £15 including EHU. Sounds too cheap to be true. That was for a MH of under 21ft though and we are over that, it says to call so I did and its still only £15. They tried to include insurance taking it up to £24 but I told them I wouldnt want it.

Thats pretty hard to beat. Definately not my cup of tea but you wont get a CL with EHU for that and its handy for Filey, Scarborough and Flamborough on the bike.

Hmm. Might be a laugh.

Cheers for the tip

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
This is what i was on about on your other thread barryd when i said these places charge those trapped by school age children into having holidays at peak times reduiculas prices but at the beginnig or late season they offer the same pitches at really low prices, plus you still get the same access to the same amenities

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Blue Dolphin is that what used to be Primrose Valley?

dpick

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
Middlesbrough
Funster No
Hi we have had a mid week break outside of school holidays at haven and up to now it has never cost more than £19 for the 4 nights including EHU. Also it has been quiet as well. Been to Blue dolphin, Primrose valley, Clethorpes and Rhyl as a start up holiday for the last 4 years.

dpick

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
This is what i was on about on your other thread barryd when i said these places charge those trapped by school age children into having holidays at peak times reduiculas prices but at the beginnig or late season they offer the same pitches at really low prices, plus you still get the same access to the same amenities

Your right there then. Its really cheap then if you pick the right dates. Do you reckon if you go mid week in March or April it will be quiet then?

Im going to look like a hypocrite now but for £15 I might give it a go!

Knowing my luck they will probably charge me another £15 for the scooter!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Your right there then. Its really cheap then if you pick the right dates. Do you reckon if you go mid week in March or April it will be quiet then?

Im going to look like a hypocrite now but for £15 I might give it a go!

Knowing my luck they will probably charge me another £15 for the scooter!

Only if you outside the easter holidays

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Im going to look like a hypocrite now but for £15 I might give it a go!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note Barryd pass me the link for that site now that you have been reformed:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
went to blue dolphin many years ago when i was a tugger and poeple were having their electric cables and steps nicked i try to avoid haven nowadays chavs etc spring to mind
going to northumberland soon and we are stopping on a farm cl which is dearer than haggerstone castle haven site but haven site got really bad reviews on caravan site finder
were having fun in the tiger club ttttt tttt tttt tiger club

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
We stayed at the rockley park site last year
Monday to friday £26, bus stop outside so staight into Poole and the surrounding area.
We only sleep on site and are hoping to go again in september this year as the site has a boat yard next door and we can launch and leave the boat on a pontoon for the week.
Total cost is less than we normally pay for a week away :thumb:

cheers...nige

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
We started going to the cHaven site at Hafan Y Mor a few years ago. We've been many times now, even though we really didn't think it would be our kind of thing.

It's as cheap as dirt! Six of us, for four nights, swimming complex, craft activities for the kids, lovely beach, sports facilities and so on for £20 to £30 for the lot.

:thumb:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No

Ivy

Have you been to Cayton Village Caravan Park..it looks nice for our first trip out next week just to get used to being a newbi with m/h:Blush:...Dave

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
haven and park resorts offer good deals april, may and usually september. we have used the sites at these times all around the country. we tend to do 4 nights monday-thursday leaving before the kids arrive after school on friday. not that i mind kiddies just couldnt eat a full en. haven recently sent me a discount ticket voucher book and we will use 4 of them in june 2 nights perranporth £1 a night no hook up and 2 more in the south.

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp

Ivy
DONT MENTION THE DOG :thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
isn`t Primrose Valley Reighton Sands we used to go there when the kids were little.:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It's a real bargain as long as you dont have a dog, £3 a night:cry::cry::cry:

£5 for the rest car, caravan or motor home multiple people and use of the leisure suite.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Im going to look like a hypocrite now but for £15 I might give it a go!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On a serious note Barryd pass me the link for that site now that you have been reformed:ROFLMAO:

Hiya

I have actually been flipping busy all yesterday afternoon and today with actual WORK! it seems I have either nothiing to do or it just goes mental! so sorry for not replying.

Here is the link to booking the Haven sites

http://www.caravancamping.co.uk/sw/...00C0B&adults=2&children=2&productType=TOURING

It seems the Blue Dolphin is the cheapest but at £15 and Primrose Valley is £29 for 3 nights.

Dont like the sound of it at all or the reviews but middle of march midweek. What can possibly go wrong?

To be honest if Ive paid my £15 over and its rubbish Ill just leave and go to a CL having learnt my lesson not to go on plastic campsites.

Cheers
BD

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ill be careful what I say after the "how much would have you paid for a campsite thread" but thats a bargain. I just did an online quote for 22 March for 3 nights and yep its £15 including EHU. Sounds too cheap to be true. That was for a MH of under 21ft though and we are over that, it says to call so I did and its still only £15. They tried to include insurance taking it up to £24 but I told them I wouldnt want it.

Thats pretty hard to beat. Definately not my cup of tea but you wont get a CL with EHU for that and its handy for Filey, Scarborough and Flamborough on the bike.

Hmm. Might be a laugh.

Cheers for the tip

We're off on 29 March if anyone wants to join us.

Ivy

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We have been a few times recently, had great weekends and a hangover to boot, however, we book a very reasonable static for £100ish for 3 nights. For that we get a very nice newish 6 berth van with all services. We park my dinky toy alongside it and have a very nice weekend.:thumb:

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Was going to book at Hafan Y Mor for 26th March for 3 nights on their special offer, then realised it was going to cost a further £9 for the dog :Eeek:. Just wondered if you think they'll let him use all the facilities to get the most for his money. He could do with a swim he's a bit smelly at the moment :ROFLMAO:.

Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back