Can't get Channel 5 on skybox (1 Viewer)

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Having not used my skybox for nearly 5 months, on firing it up I find I can't get Channel 5 or Fiver. The message tells me I need a new Sky viewing card.

I seem to remember having this problem once before, & being told the trick to make it work again. It was something like taking the card out for a few minutes, or just leaving the box turned on for a while. I've tried these, without success.

So does anyone know how to get 5 without a new card?

TIA.

p.s. will post on antipodean adventures when we're all sorted out - still in limbo and freezing bloody cold at the mo.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
we had to get our card replaced as well after the big switchover as it affected the sky system too, just rang them and they sent another out to us

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Having not used my skybox for nearly 5 months, on firing it up I find I can't get Channel 5 or Fiver. The message tells me I need a new Sky viewing card.

I seem to remember having this problem once before, & being told the trick to make it work again. It was something like taking the card out for a few minutes, or just leaving the box turned on for a while. I've tried these, without success.

So does anyone know how to get 5 without a new card?

TIA.

p.s. will post on antipodean adventures when we're all sorted out - still in limbo and freezing bloody cold at the mo.

Since a few days ago, all BLUE sky cards are / have been deactivated.
So if you want to watch any of the "free to view" channels like Five, Fiver, Five USA, then you will need a new white sky card.

Although there is a free to air version of Five - on 10773 h 22 5/6 - that you can add to your "other channels" list.
(Its on the same frequency as BBC2 so reception of this "free to air" five will be as per BBC2, not good if you are travelling southern europe!)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My Sky box died on me so I now use the one from the van. I put my white card in and received a notice saying access to channels is limited,ho hum. Switched the box off to go to bed and the following evening switched on again and full service was avaialable. Now I can't get the 900+ channels-you know babe chat etc.:Doh:

OP
OP
kijana

kijana

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Mostly in a car park.
Funster No
MH
C class Luton
Exp
4 years
Thanks for the info, guys. I hadn't realized things had changed at Sky.

I'm sure the right solution is to apply for another card, but I spose it's time to 'fess up.

I bought my Sky card from a hustler in a street market in Benidorm 3 years ago. It had been pre-activated in a UK Skybox so that it would work in Spain. I've used it very successfully all over Europe ever since, but now i suppose is my day of reckoning.

Oh well, just have to watch the occasional 5 prog on freeview.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I bought my Sky card from a hustler in a street market in Benidorm 3 years ago. It had been pre-activated in a UK Skybox so that it would work in Spain.
Bruce

Take it back and tell him it doesn't work and you want your money back. I'm sure he'll be receptive::bigsmile:

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Now 45 euros in the market in Benidorm and thats with films but only last 4. 5 months:Smile:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Now 45 euros in the market in Benidorm and thats with films but only last 4. 5 months:Smile:

No too sure about that - given the minimum Sky package with Sky movies is £36 per month......so by my calculation you are getting 4*36 = £144 for 45 euros.....soundss a bit too good to be true!!!

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
No too sure about that - given the minimum Sky package with Sky movies is £36 per month......so by my calculation you are getting 4*36 = £144 for 45 euros.....soundss a bit too good to be true!!!

Last Sunday 45 euros one sky card, I took a friend there to get one but as i have said these only last 4or5 months and then cut of and they are the new cards he has, when you can find him he also has all new dvd copy's just wait in any bar and he comes in, to nearly all of them near the market,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back