FUEL COSTS in EUROPE and further afield (1 Viewer)

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
FUEL PRICES across Europe ETC....

I wonder if this thread/post could be made 'sticky' and available to update,for travellers in or going to different countries,as prices can determine what route or 'where' next to go,on your travels ?As most of the cost is fuel,if 'wildcamping',this can be worked out more accurately,also maybe let M/H know where LPG is sold at the pump ?
I have a pull to travel accross Turkey ,also Morocco beckons,but have no idea of fuel prices ?

Here in BULGARIA petrol AND diesel are approx. £1 litre,and LPG
is half the price and available from the pump at every fuel station. :thumb:
Link RemovedLink Removed

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Fuel prices in Turkey are usually between £1.30-£1.50 per litre with LPG about 80-90ish pence per litre.
And we think its expensive here!!!!:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Deisel €1.15 ltr
Petrol €1.25 ltr

Mayo, S Ireland. It can differ depending on where you are though.

OP
OP
B

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
FUEL COSTS/Where ?

Thanks guys,this is what i meant by personal and fact, generalising to me is no good,sometimes i've driven to stations and their not even there anymore,alone the price of fuel being different,also prices deviate from month to month or like the Austrian advice,could potentially save you a small fortune,filling up in say one place before going over the border etc,i think Luxemburg is alot cheaper too ?
Perhaps ,even more detail could be added,as to where,on what route,better services etc,it all adds up to help for a cheaper ,more care free holiday.

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I don't know why Gibraltar is not mentioned in the AA fuel price data as I think it may be the cheapest place for diesel in Europe?
Also the most unfriendly place in Europe for motorhomes :Angry: Apparently the only place on Gibraltar where motorhome parking is allowed is Morrisons Car Park for 3 hours.

Attachments

• Gibraltar January 2010.JPG
    Gibraltar January 2010.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 16

vwroamer

Free Member
Mar 1, 2009
Spain
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Paid euro 1.02 per litre yesterday for diesel here on Costa Blanca

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Luxembourg is much cheaper, so much so that the Auchan just inside France is the only one where they don't sell fuel - all the locals justpop over the invisible border.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Luxemburg is much cheaper, so much so that the Auchan on the French side of the border is the only one that doesn't sell fuel at all. We couldn't find their service station, went back inside to ask, and the staff thought we were bonkers to have to ask,since everyone pops out of town - i.e. across the border - to fill up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back