carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hello i have a tom 910 but it has falling ill, it will not take a charge easy needs some sort of repair does any one know were i can get it repaired please and sort of costs involved, i am using navman at the moment but want my tom tom back !!

thanks

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Look up the Tom Tom website and look for the helpline UK number. You need a new battery and they will issue you with an RMS Number and send you a mental agility test in the shape of a package to send your 910 to them for repair. They will advise you of cost before they do the work. In my case they did it free of charge due to the fact it was just outside the warranty. They are very helpful.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
::bigsmile: I agree about the mental agility package charlie24, I had occassion to return my Tom Tom Rider 2 and was impressed with the service, if not the packaging ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I was also impressed with the service needed a new power/charger lead (the one for the car), phoned them product deffo out of warrenty and it was sent f.o.c. and no charge for the lead

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes agree with all the above they were very helpful to me when our 910 was corrupted by updating it and somehow it had damaged the chargeing cradle too,
they paitiently waited while they helped me to un-install and re-install,
and then send me a new charging cradle and car charger F.O.C. Excellent Service!

Our TOM 910 was still in warranty , it was nearly 2 yrs old, but had not realised it had a 2yr warranty at that time.

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
This website is selling refurbished Tom Tom Go910 with 12 month warranty for £85!

Link Removed

Ian

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Can you programme destinations by inputting the GPS co-ordinates and what is the bluetooth that they talk about.

They seem to be a really good deal. I have a Bintone Carrera which is ok but not great.

Where does this TOM TOM rate with all of the other models, there's so many of them.

Jim
:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you programme destinations by inputting the GPS co-ordinates and what is the bluetooth that they talk about.

They seem to be a really good deal. I have a Bintone Carrera which is ok but not great.

Where does this TOM TOM rate with all of the other models, there's so many of them.

Jim

Hi Jim,
yes, you can input sat co-ords directly in as a destination, waypoint or favorite.
the bluetooth is a standard bluetooth phone link..
seperate wired mike which plugs into the tomtom screen mount base.
incoming phone call is played over the tomtom speaker.
also converts incoming text messages to speech but only if they are written in proper english...no textspeak.

the mike is of poor quality.

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks guys will ring tom tom tomorrow hope the can repair it it seams to be problem with docking station as move it around and does wok but on and off pain so needs to be fixed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jim,
yes, you can input sat co-ords directly in as a destination, waypoint or favorite.
the bluetooth is a standard bluetooth phone link..
seperate wired mike which plugs into the tomtom screen mount base.
incoming phone call is played over the tomtom speaker.
also converts incoming text messages to speech but only if they are written in proper english...no textspeak.

the mike is of poor quality.
And so is the Bl**dy cradle, even after the free improved version:Doh:
swaped mine for aTT1 so much better but none of the frills:cry:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
And so is the Bl**dy cradle, even after the free improved version:Doh:
swaped mine for aTT1 so much better but none of the frills:cry:

Here we go, confusion again. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Our 910 is coming up to 4 years old now, and still working a treat.

Just recently, I found that on the in-car docking station, the green light was on, but it wasn't charging. Looking at the dock, there's a thin blade of plastic which has been worn down. I stuck some masking tape on it to thicken it up, and it works fine now.

The 910 is a heavy old brute, but it works really well.

TonyIsh UK

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Funster No
FWIW TomTom are offering a years free subscription to their LIVE services (Worth £95 approx), the live services work over most EU countries EXCEPT Spain.

I have just upgraded from TT Ver 6 on a PDA to an XL IQ Routes Live.

Great Toy

Rgds

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
well thanks to all i have just experanced the best customer service anywhere how about this i rang tom tom Thursday 5th April i explained i had my tom tom 18 months, they sent a package out to me so i put tom tom in packaging and sent it to them Saturday, thinking here comes a big bill for repair to day parcel force knocked at my door with a parcel, and guess what ? A NEW tom tom sent back to me whoop !! i am over the moon with this SERVICE now just have to find some voices and things to go on it ?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
well thanks to all i have just experanced the best customer service anywhere how about this i rang tom tom Thursday 5th April i explained i had my tom tom 18 months, they sent a package out to me so i put tom tom in packaging and sent it to them Saturday, thinking here comes a big bill for repair to day parcel force knocked at my door with a parcel, and guess what ? A NEW tom tom sent back to me whoop !! i am over the moon with this SERVICE now just have to find some voices and things to go on it ?
Hi.

I totally agree....

I have had a lot of dealing with Tom Tom Support while upgrading the software....

I am very impressed :Cool:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just bought one of these. Link Removed

It seems like too much of a good deal but it had to be done. Mine is naff.

Cheers lookback.

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back