Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
Just downloaded the latest European maps for my 720go at £70 a pop.
I was very miffed to find that it is now around 1837 meg, tho it does have lane guidance. By the time the operating program and a few bits and bobs are added there was no room for the computer voice,which wouldn't work from the SD card.'Fortunately' I'm off work at the moment as it's taken a whole day and a half to configure it. In order to get all the voices you want and myriad POI's on something has got to give.I've deleted most of the voice activation files for European countries, which I have never used these start as 'speech' files this frees up about 200meg .
Only 5 weeks and 2 days to euro tunnel and freedom.

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Why bother the French build a new roundabout every so often in the middle of nowhere otherwise maps don`t change much, for £70 a pop you may as well wait for say three or four years and buy a new sat nav complete.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Why bother the French build a new roundabout every so often in the middle of nowhere otherwise maps don`t change much, for £70 a pop you may as well wait for say three or four years and buy a new sat nav complete.

I agree, I'm sure that most of the time ALL you are paying for is a map with errors missed on the previous one corrected which in my opinion should be free.:Angry:

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back