12V/240V Cool box (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I am thinking of buying a 12V/240V coolbox as the fridge is not really big enough when on long stays. I have read they can be a bit noisey not a problem during the day, but in a small van it would get on me nerves in the night.

Any comments and recomendations will be appreciated:thumb:

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
I have one of these for my small van, would be a useful supplementary unit in the Hymer. Top loading so the cold air doesn't escape when opened. Very quiet, 12/240v. Link Removed Vmax

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
I got one from aldi's for about £40, when parked up it fits under the rear wheel arch, Only when its very quiet can you hear the fan spinning, and only when your sitting next to it.
I would imagine you'd probably hear it more inside the van at night if you had it indoors. (and then get up and throw it out the door:ROFLMAO:)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have one that I bought from Aldi,it is very noisy,so I keep it in the locker.
Just use it to keep my beer cold....nothing worse than warm beer.
Oh...mabe there is....NO BEER.:cry:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Dane

Thinking about doing a bit of heavy drinking are you. If you get one we can use it as a beer store at Deal.

In fact we have a little one, we might bring along and leave it plugged in the pub tent, what do you think.

You do have good ideas occasionally

Pat

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We have used one for over 10 years. It was not very noisy to start with but as it got older the fan rattles more. A couple of years ago we bought a 3 way Waeco cool box. It has the benifit of being totaly silent whatever the power source and it runs of gas when not on hook up. I only paid £85 from Tamworth Camping as it had a couple of dents.

Andy

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I am thinking of buying a 12V/240V coolbox as the fridge is not really big enough when on long stays. I have read they can be a bit noisey not a problem during the day, but in a small van it would get on me nerves in the night.
Any comments and recomendations will be appreciated:thumb:

Theres a selection of powered coolboxes here

http://www.johnscrossshop.co.uk/cat...oolboxes.-BBQ's.-Windbreaks/Powered-Coolboxes

If your passing, call in and have a browse, there are all sorts of options.

Peter

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi Dane

Thinking about doing a bit of heavy drinking are you. If you get one we can use it as a beer store at Deal.

In fact we have a little one, we might bring along and leave it plugged in the pub tent, what do you think.

You do have good ideas occasionally

Pat

Heavy drinking ME!!!! No:ROFLMAO:

Just need something to keep the shampoo and caviar cool:ROFLMAO:

Are you expecting hot weather for Deal? If so take your little one along for the pub tent, now that's gone and done it, everyone knows we have a pub tent and will want to join us:ROFLMAO:

I wonder if Sonja can pop over the water and get another one of them kegs we had at Sam's lakes on my birthday? That went down a treat:thumb:

You listening Sonja:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back