Computerized embroidery machine..... (1 Viewer)

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
Had my new toy now for about 3 weeks....and I would never have thought having a computerized embroidery machine would be so much fun. Just doing cards for Easter, all personalized with names etc. Made cushions with embroidery....the patterns that are already in the machine. Can download via a usb port from the web....just need to buy lots of cottons......hmmm!!!! Honestly the things it can do...software to buy so you can design your own patterns....the list is endless....love it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Had my new toy now for about 3 weeks....and I would never have thought having a computerized embroidery machine would be so much fun. Just doing cards for Easter, all personalized with names etc. Made cushions with embroidery....the patterns that are already in the machine. Can download via a usb port from the web....just need to buy lots of cottons......hmmm!!!! Honestly the things it can do...software to buy so you can design your own patterns....the list is endless....love it.

Does this mean you'll need a great big inverter in your van ?

Embroidered FUN name tags, you could do a big trade in those.

Embroidered willy warmers with "SIZE EXTRA LARGE" would sell like hot cakes.

Embroidered willy warmers with "SIZE EXTRA LARGE" and a FUN name would set you up for life.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Does this mean you'll need a great big inverter in your van ?

Embroidered FUN name tags, you could do a big trade in those.

Embroidered willy warmers with "SIZE EXTRA LARGE" would sell like hot cakes.

Embroidered willy warmers with "SIZE EXTRA LARGE" and a FUN name would set you up for life.

A better plan is putting the dark side logo on and calling them bobble hats-they're all richard heads over there!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dawnbreak,this could well be an ideal thing for full timers to make a few bob with --- buy some cheapo base ball caps / tee shirts :thumb: stick personal names ect, :thumb::thumb:
How long does it take to stitch a five letter name on something ? how much cotton / price would it use ?
You could pull up anywhere, market or lay-by, get a couple prepared earlier and take orders ::bigsmile: Probably ideal to compliment cost of full-timing :Cool:
Glad you like it :thumb:
terry

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
Embroidery Machine

The first one of these I bought 11 years ago secondhand to see if I liked it or not as my friend had one. The one I have now, I bought 9 years ago and, touch wood, have never had a problem with it.

I have about 60,000 embroidery designs that I have downloaded and bought over the years and more thread than I could possibly use. I bought a full set of threads from Princess Designs, Whitefield about 8 years ago and am still using them, the only ones that have run out are the black and the white. They are excellent threads and have 1000m on a spool, I also have Madeira threads with 1000m spools but I prefer the Princess. I have also bought the Brother Threads in the past and do still use them but they only have 300m on. Princess do large cops of threads as well, I have these in black and also white.

I am sure you will find your new hobby very enjoyable but very frustrating at first but persevere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back